Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Dooku's execution planned?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Dooku's execution planned?

BrandonSM
02.12.2012 , 02:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DatBoiKeeKee View Post
I was watching Ep 3 and I was wondering if Sidious had planned Dooku's execution by Anakin.

It's possible that Sidious had instructed for Dooku to incapacitate Kenobi first during their fight, to leave him and Anakin in a 1v1, and in the likely event that Anakin disarmed Dooku, Kenobi would be out of the picture and leave Sidious open to order Dooku's execution.

There is no way that Dooku would have been executed had Kenobi still been conscious and in the fight.
Dooku was a place-holder for Anakin. Sid planned the death as another provocation for Anakin.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Lordgeneral
02.12.2012 , 03:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
lol...

That just reminded me of the uncanny resemblance between the Catholic pope and Palpatine and that whole issue with catholic priests and little boys. Its like George knew all along.
stop putting funny thoughts into my head, OH GOD!

"Bam, he claimed him"

LoneRebel
02.12.2012 , 04:10 PM | #13
Not exactly the point of this thread, but I think it's still important and relevant. I've been wondering for quite a while - was Dooku aware that Darth Sidious was Chancellor Palpatine? A few posts ago ErikModi said that he was - but I'd like to see someone else back that up as well.

From a story point of view, there is no reason the story would require Dooku to know that Sidious was the chancellor. If I remember correctly, the only times we ever see Sidious contact Dooku are by holocomm. So if they never met in person, then it's perfectly possible that Dooku could go on just fine commanding the Separatists, receiving orders from Sidious to kidnap Palpatine on Coruscant, without realizing that Sidious was Palpatine.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, QQ.

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

BrandonSM
02.12.2012 , 04:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LoneRebel View Post
Not exactly the point of this thread, but I think it's still important and relevant. I've been wondering for quite a while - was Dooku aware that Darth Sidious was Chancellor Palpatine? A few posts ago ErikModi said that he was - but I'd like to see someone else back that up as well.

From a story point of view, there is no reason the story would require Dooku to know that Sidious was the chancellor. If I remember correctly, the only times we ever see Sidious contact Dooku are by holocomm. So if they never met in person, then it's perfectly possible that Dooku could go on just fine commanding the Separatists, receiving orders from Sidious to kidnap Palpatine on Coruscant, without realizing that Sidious was Palpatine.
Dooku knew. Its in many books but he also kind of leaves hints to Obi in AotC.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

LoneRebel
02.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Dooku knew. Its in many books but he also kind of leaves hints to Obi in AotC.
If Dooku knew, then yeah, he must have felt more than a little betrayed when Palpatine told Anakin to kill him. Ouch.

Could you give me an example of those hints he gave to Obi-Wan?
Those who can, do. Those who can't, QQ.

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

BrandonSM
02.12.2012 , 06:24 PM | #16
If Dooku knew, then yeah, he must have felt more than a little betrayed when Palpatine told Anakin to kill him. Ouch.

Well, you saw the shock and surprise when Palps told Anakin to kill Dooku.

And, if you remember or if I remember correctly, in the AoTC movie, when Obi is captured and Dooku italks about Sidious and Obi refuses to believe it. Its when Obi was captured.

Its a little scene. I don't own the movie anymore but I remember it.

Burek
02.12.2012 , 06:28 PM | #17
Here's the quote from Attack of the Clones, for your interest.

Quote:
Count Dooku: The truth. What if I told you that the Republic is now under the control of the Dark Lords of the Sith?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, that's not possible! The Jedi would be aware it!

Count Dooku: The Dark Side of the Force has clouded their vision, my friend. Hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: I don't believe you.
PvP-focused Staff Writer (LordBurek) for DarthHater.com

undeadsithdread
02.12.2012 , 06:30 PM | #18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAKmMItdckU
Sith assassin Forever!

keiklo
02.12.2012 , 06:34 PM | #19
How your playing a game based on the Sith era, and still don't understand how they work is insane.

Allow me to explain, Sith when choosing an apprentice will normally pit their current apprentice against a chosen suitable replacement, if the Student wins they remain apprentice, but if they loose they die. and the one that slains them takes their place, this way there is always 2, a master and an apprentice, no more no less (unles you play this game where sith are abundant somehow, and people said SWG wasnt cannon) In any case to progress in the sith ranks the only way to move up is to slain your current master, fail and your fate will be no different then you intended his to be.

So in short Yes Palpatine knew damn well Dooku had a 50/50 chance at death and was very much betting against him but he was also betting against Anakin. either ay he would win because the stronger sith would bow to his commands.

Really what it comes down to is a "If it aint broke dont fix it, later on" The emperor tried to use the same tactic on Luke Vs Vader, but Luke refused to fight. Unlike Anakin who was edger to showoff
Keiklo ~ Sniper Kitila ~ Bounty Hunter Till'n ~ Jedi Knight
Scitcat ~ Trooper
Dark Ops HARBINGER COLLECTORS EDITION VIP

keiklo
02.12.2012 , 06:37 PM | #20

Dooku flys to Corusant to meet his emperor after fleeing from a fight in EP2:TCW, so they did indeed meet in person and he definatly knows he betrayed at the begining of EPIII TRoTS
Keiklo ~ Sniper Kitila ~ Bounty Hunter Till'n ~ Jedi Knight
Scitcat ~ Trooper
Dark Ops HARBINGER COLLECTORS EDITION VIP