Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with Deserter Detection (kicking people out of a warzone)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Problem with Deserter Detection (kicking people out of a warzone)

Jimdor
02.12.2012 , 10:51 AM | #11
My computer is all up to date, running smoothly. Not the best computer for games, but it works just fine for most new games. I don't know what the problem is. Certainly not my ISP. I pay good money for high speed, recently switched companies too. And this new one is probably twice as fast as my old one, and i never had problems playing online games.

The issue goes beyond people's computers. You can't put a game out that doesn't play for someone who meets and exceeds minimum specs. it's up to Bioware to fix the problem, as i've done everything i can to ensure my computer is as optimized as it can be, without buying a new one.

Darth_Vicente
02.12.2012 , 06:34 PM | #12
It's quite possibly my connection in some cases, as I can't have a physical connection because the ethernet port in my room was fried in a thunderstorm, so I use a wireless.

However, that doesn't change the facts that:

1) Once a Huttball or Voidstar match starts, we shouldn't have to wait on the ray shield to lower to let me in, ESPECIALLY because it's possible it won't
2) The speeder on Alderaan should ALWAYS be there and should ALWAYS work
3) The splash screen shouldn't pop up at any point in gameplay.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

andytheape
02.12.2012 , 06:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
It's quite possibly my connection in some cases, as I can't have a physical connection because the ethernet port in my room was fried in a thunderstorm, so I use a wireless.

However, that doesn't change the facts that:

1) Once a Huttball or Voidstar match starts, we shouldn't have to wait on the ray shield to lower to let me in, ESPECIALLY because it's possible it won't
2) The speeder on Alderaan should ALWAYS be there and should ALWAYS work
3) The splash screen shouldn't pop up at any point in gameplay.
There is a reason that reinforcements are only allowed out in waves. It's the same in other MMO's. If that wasn't the case, then it would be impossible to capture nodes/plant explosives, as the enemy team could replace their dead within seconds. Bioware doesn't need to find a workaround for this, they need to fix it.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

SINOperahouse
02.12.2012 , 10:25 PM | #14
Simplest solution to this whole safe zone shield issue is to remove the shield once the match starts and DO NOT have it re-appear. It has aided in more than a few losses simply because it allows the opposing team to accomplish the goals unhindered.

Just get rid of the shield once the match starts Bioware, it's throwing matches, and getting people kicked out because they can't get out of the safe zone.

andytheape
02.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SINOperahouse View Post
Simplest solution to this whole safe zone shield issue is to remove the shield once the match starts and DO NOT have it re-appear. It has aided in more than a few losses simply because it allows the opposing team to accomplish the goals unhindered.

Just get rid of the shield once the match starts Bioware, it's throwing matches, and getting people kicked out because they can't get out of the safe zone.
Just no... Do you not realise that it is balanced around that shield? It's hard enough already to keep reinforcements away from the person who is trying to plant an explosive/capture a node. Of course sometimes you will be held back by the shield, but not your whole team at once. If that happens, then it's your own fault.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

Brat
02.13.2012 , 12:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
Has never happened to me, although..

I was not paying attention and the door in voidstar closed to quickly. I still maed the second exit.

Few in my guild with low end machines or bad ISP's have troubles like your describing.

Deserter buff is needed badly, and although you may not be part of that problem, the amount I LD/disconnect in matches is prolly... 1 in 50.

Check ur drivers, defrag, free up your home netwerk, and call ur isp about good service.
Deserter buff is not really needed...I've seen so many bots that walk the character out of the safe zone, they're better off just putting a timer so if you don't move anywhere in the WZ for a certain period of time it gives you a pop up message.

Was in a Huttball yesterday where we had two bots on our team and we were already a person short. Both bots just walked out, went right and stood in a corner next to the fence. If someone killed them, they'd respawn and go to the exact same spot.