Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion for flashpoint loot

ExiledinElysium
02.11.2012 , 04:35 PM | #1
Greetings noble developers,

This morning I had an unfortunate incident occur in a flashpoint. A teammate selected "need" on an item he didn't realize he couldn't use, and ended up beating my roll, thereby depriving of my desired loot. As frustrated as I was, the whole ordeal gave me an idea. All loot in a flashpoint should be bind-on-equip, but only inside the instance. Obviously you don't want people taking all the special loot out and selling it on auction, but sometimes people make mistakes or other loot comes later in the flashpoint that they want to trade for. You could make all loot boe inside the instance, and as soon as the character leaves the instance it converts to bound.

I don't think this would be a difficult change, and it would make people like me very happy. He tried to trade it to me when he realized it wasn't his type of armor, but it was too late.

Cheers,

Exile

ExiledinElysium
02.12.2012 , 12:08 AM | #2
...:bump:

Kakachan
02.12.2012 , 12:34 AM | #3
GMs exist for such situations in game (if they ever exist in this game...), you can try to open a ticket, explain situation and request help. Your idea looks good but there is already some BoE items drops in inctances, how people be sure whether that item realy BoE or it will be BoP when exit inctance? Also, how a player can need a item which he can not use... just move your pointer over item, if you need it, if it is good for you press need, that is simple, we dont need such complicated solution for a simple need/greed thingy. There is much more serius things that need fix in this game atm. Btw I suggest you to not to play with such players again, if he cant even succed a simple need/greed thingy he is most likely a realy bad player, it isnt good for your ingame wallet , repair bills hurts alot in this game

mechintel
02.12.2012 , 02:45 AM | #4
First off, good luck opening a ticket to resolve the situation. The item dispute team is backlogged weeks on requests. By the time you get the piece of gear redistributed to the owner you most likely won't even need it anymore. I opened a ticket about a piece of battlemaster gear I mistakenly bought on January 29th... it's still open.

Secondly, WoW did this and since Bioware seems determined to copy WoW as much as possible, I would really hope to think that they would at least try to copy the things that WoW does right instead of all the things it does wrong like cross-server battlegrounds. In WoW, you have the option of trading a piece of BoP gear that drops in an instance or raid to anyone else who was able to roll on that item when it dropped for the first two hours after the item dropped. So if you accidentily win an item over a friend all you have to do is trade the item to that person rather than submit a ticket. I'm sure that little bit of extra work in coding saved their GMs THOUSANDS of man-hours of work in restoring loot to different owners since its inception.