Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!


Reye's Avatar


Reye
02.11.2012 , 12:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodkrazed View Post
cross server ques = bad idea
no community = cross server que

what community? you played republic? there's less than 10 people in each zone maybe 20 at peak hours and fleet never passes 115.
╪╣!!!║╪╪{}╪╪(██████████████████████████████████████████)

imalright's Avatar


imalright
02.11.2012 , 12:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Soultranna View Post
Here is why I'd NOT want to see this:

Server rep is the only measure we have for players who behave badly in pick-up groups. Once cross-server LFG is put into play, a player's rep ceases to be any concern, and all manner of ******tery ensues.

We saw it with WoW, I'd much rather NOT see it in SWTOR.

Ever.
yes but what about the people on almost dead servers? It must be a pain in the *** for them to find a group.

Destronicus's Avatar


Destronicus
02.11.2012 , 12:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by harpuax View Post
Except all of us who leveled with friends, grouped for heroics and flashpoints along the way, and had allot more fun than if we were alone the whole time. What game are you playing?
So you are one of those people that think your experience is everyone else's experience and that if it didn't happen to you personally it never happened to anyone at all?

I'm playing the same game that many others are where I have to spam general for 30 minutes for heroics or an hour (or more) for flashpoints until we just give up and log out in frustration.

KhealThar's Avatar


KhealThar
02.11.2012 , 12:53 PM | #24
I just want a LFG system where I can find groups for heroic quests and flashpoints while leveling up easier.

As of right now, like other MMO games, trying to find a group for a quest while leveling is almost impossible because everyone is max level and doing end game.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

Krelan's Avatar


Krelan
02.11.2012 , 12:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HalusW View Post
It's difficult to explain. Those of us that experienced its implementation in WoW probably make up the bulk of those not wanting it here. There are plenty of threads here and over at WoW that have discussed it to death. My quick take, it promotes ***-hatery and the killing of the zones. 99% of the WoW population are in the two faction capital cities, the zones are a ghost town.
QFT. Cross-server tools completely destroyed whatever community WoW had left at the time. It encouraged people to act like douchebags, because there was no way for them to obtain a 'bad rep' on any particular server. Not to mention that making friends through groups became nigh-impossible, due to the fact that they'd simply vanish back to their own server once the instance was over, never to be seen again.

I will admit though that WoW's community was/is far more toxic than the one I've seen so far in SWTOR, so maybe if this is implemented, it will work out better here. I hope so.
MMORPG.COM. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

UltimateKrucible's Avatar


UltimateKrucible
02.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #26
I'm against a click-button LFG tool for all sorts of reasons.

But it's needed here.


The reason?


No-one, at least on my server, uses the LFG that's in-game already.



SW:TOR has a perfectly good, workable, LFG tool which no-one uses. I have no idea why a guide is not stickied to the top of the page, or emailed to every player when they join.

But its not, and therefore just about everyone ignores the LFG tool and just spams LFG in the fleet.


I ask you - how many of the people here who object to a click-button LFG tool use the one that's in-game already?
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

HalusW's Avatar


HalusW
02.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by imalright View Post
yes but what about the people on almost dead servers? It must be a pain in the *** for them to find a group.
That's a separate issue. And a more serious one.

Notsensible's Avatar


Notsensible
02.11.2012 , 12:56 PM | #28
Maybe people just never made a good impression (personally and playstyle wise), but I actually became fairly well known among some folks with the x-realm in WoW. Sometimes after joining a group as tank/heals, I'd see "Yay, we have good a good heal/tank finally" and other such comments. In PvP, I'd become recognized by (mostly) Horde players on my Alliance toons that either had a grudge or just enjoyed going 1v1 with me. It was obvious usually due to how they would ONLY target me, regardless of what role I might have taken.

Now granted that those sorts of things happen far more often without x-realm feature, but does that REALLY matter? I saw someone use the excuse that you will be able to easily find those who ninja/whatever, but you'll encounter those types of people regardless.

IMO, waiting a long time for a group, only to end with a problematic player, is far more devastating than encountering it through an x-realm feature. This is mainly due to the fact that you'll likely be able to just go right back into a dungeon to try again, instead of waiting a long time or just giving up without the feature.

To me, the majority of people against x-realms are just trying to cloud the fact they want e-peen recognition. A positive feature is a positive feature. The biggest issue is if you just want to be the popular kid on the block. Instead of just dealing with a small town, you'll have to deal with a major city.

Destronicus's Avatar


Destronicus
02.11.2012 , 12:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Krelan View Post
QFT. Cross-server tools completely destroyed whatever community WoW had left at the time. It encouraged people to act like douchebags, because there was no way for them to obtain a 'bad rep' on any particular server. Not to mention that making friends through groups became nigh-impossible, due to the fact that they'd simply vanish back to their own server once the instance was over, never to be seen again.

I will admit though that WoW's community was/is far more toxic than the one I've seen so far in SWTOR, so maybe if this is implemented, it will work out better here. I hope so.
Well, the counter argument I would make is that WoW was always full of those kinds of people long before LFG. As you say, WoW is a very toxic community. Always has been and probably always will be. At least with LFG if you found yourself stuck in a very bad group, you could just leave it and be assured of finding another group relatively quickly, instead of being forced to stick with the original d-bag group due to fear of not finding another one at all.

harpuax's Avatar


harpuax
02.11.2012 , 01:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by imalright View Post
yes but what about the people on almost dead servers? It must be a pain in the *** for them to find a group.
Cross server LFG is not the answer to low pop servers, transfers and merges are.

Cross server LFG IS the answer to high amounts of anti-social, instant gratification types.

Now this is not ment to be negative. People have every right to want things now now and be anti-social. And if they want to play the game that way it is also their right and there is nothing wrong with that. Let me also clarify that I do not think spamming LFG in chat as social. What IS social is meeting people, talking with them, joining guilds (read) of like minded people and playing with them regulatory. Do I think being social in a game is healthy and is a positive thing to be exposed to (especially for the younger more influential crowd)? Yes. Do I think you should be punished for being the opposite? no.