Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

EnmaAii
04.30.2013 , 01:42 PM | #181
Hello

please AmberGreen add problem with bugged/unobtainable codex entries
in "Known In-Game Issues"
this problem exists from start game in 2011 year and creates inconvenience to many people
also deserves attention

this lists of bugs
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

AmberGreen (responsible for problems and bugs- employee of Bioware) answer:

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting me. While we do know that there are Codex entries that are bugged, this is not something that belongs on the Known Issues. I've made a post here that clarifies what belongs there and why. Missing Codex entries do not affect gameplay, and we try to ensure that this list doesn't include issues such as this.

Nonetheless, I'll do some talking in the studio and will see if I can get enough solid info to post an update on the forums with regards to what's going on with Codex entries.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Slopster
05.01.2013 , 01:10 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by EnmaAii View Post
Hello

please AmberGreen add problem with bugged/unobtainable codex entries
in "Known In-Game Issues"
this problem exists from start game in 2011 year and creates inconvenience to many people
also deserves attention

this lists of bugs
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting me. While we do know that there are Codex entries that are bugged, this is not something that belongs on the Known Issues. I've made a post here that clarifies what belongs there and why. Missing Codex entries do not affect gameplay, and we try to ensure that this list doesn't include issues such as this.

Nonetheless, I'll do some talking in the studio and will see if I can get enough solid info to post an update on the forums with regards to what's going on with Codex entries.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Let me jump in and state definitely that nothing is gonna be done about this. No progress and no updates on the codex for 18 months should make this fairly obvious to anybody that's been playing this game for a while.
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)

EnmaAii
05.02.2013 , 10:45 AM | #183
yes, instead of repairing codex
- broke even more(((
"invasion of balmorra" lore worked and after be broken
operations bosses "epic enemy" and "survived.." worked and after be broken
many Makeb codex not obtainable (expl "gravity hook" lore only imperium but in-game now it no have faction
therefore for republic its not obtainable)

Sepp
05.03.2013 , 08:40 PM | #184
yes, instead of repairing codex
- broke even more(((
"invasion of balmorra" lore worked and after be broken
operations bosses "epic enemy" and "survived.." worked and after be broken
many Makeb codex not obtainable (expl "gravity hook" lore only imperium but in-game now it no have faction
therefore for republic its not obtainable)
I can confirm this, Rep side. The object is there, but not clickable. Invasion of Balmorra is broken.
Collectors Edition
http://www.swtor.com/r/hGK6wv
Revan Test Server Veteran
HK-47 Test Server Veteran

Aebrynis
05.04.2013 , 01:39 PM | #185

Hi there,

(Bolded & italicized mine)

With no insult or disrespect intended to AmberGreen, she's dead wrong. Missing codex entries DO affect gameplay. Some of us like to queue up for flashpoints while we can still get decent experience for them, and one of the benefits of completing said flashpoints at appropriate levels is being able to turn to the codex, and know that you didn't cakewalk over a bunch of grey mobs to receive the entry, mobs that had zero chance to stop you. That may be fine for repeated Esseles/Black Talon runs, but for others, it's frustrating.

If they don't intend on fixing it, I'd prefer someone just come out and say so, rather than stringing us along like a strand of beads. Much easier to know you'll never, ever be able to get a certain codex entry and be able to just forge ahead secure in that knowledge, than to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for someone to FINALLY decide to give an answer.

DarkTekno
05.05.2013 , 06:02 AM | #186
thought as much :/
I noticed i had nearly cleard the tyhton achievements.. so i went to find the 4 things i needed..
i'd got it down to last one - Wingmaw codex.. after ages looking, i had to give in & search web.. i found its on Balmorra?

But thats not the bug... hear me out..
i went thro my achv/ list for Tython.. definatley only the wingmaw one left to get.. so off to balmorra.. found the thing, killed it.. won the final codex
Then, realiising i didnt get anything for acheiving 100% on the planet... (which also annoyed me ) i had another look in achv.list..
It says now all 96% complete.. but nothing is missing... 'general' is showing a gap in bar - but states its complete.. and when i check whats missing... everything is there ???
My stats stuck on 96% ... with no more items to get???
c'mon.. i spent a fair amount of time 'cleaning up' the planet after me.. its annoyed me like hell..
sort it out.. all thes 'minor' glitches do add up y'know...

Sepp
05.05.2013 , 06:40 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTekno View Post
thought as much :/
I noticed i had nearly cleard the tyhton achievements.. so i went to find the 4 things i needed..
i'd got it down to last one - Wingmaw codex.. after ages looking, i had to give in & search web.. i found its on Balmorra?

But thats not the bug... hear me out..
i went thro my achv/ list for Tython.. definatley only the wingmaw one left to get.. so off to balmorra.. found the thing, killed it.. won the final codex
Then, realiising i didnt get anything for acheiving 100% on the planet... (which also annoyed me ) i had another look in achv.list..
It says now all 96% complete.. but nothing is missing... 'general' is showing a gap in bar - but states its complete.. and when i check whats missing... everything is there ???
My stats stuck on 96% ... with no more items to get???
c'mon.. i spent a fair amount of time 'cleaning up' the planet after me.. its annoyed me like hell..
sort it out.. all thes 'minor' glitches do add up y'know...
There are hidden Achievements that don't show up until you complete them, which is why I assume some planets don't complete when everything on them is done. However, achievements aren't the same as the codex, which is what I want to be working.
Collectors Edition
http://www.swtor.com/r/hGK6wv
Revan Test Server Veteran
HK-47 Test Server Veteran

WolfpackAW
05.05.2013 , 06:44 AM | #188
The hidden achievement you are missing on Tython is the MCR-99 Espionage Droid Achievement. I just completed it and now have 100% on Tython. Follow this guide: MCR-99 Espionage Droid Achievement Guide.
Istari - 55 Sage Seer, Jedi Covenant
Durnik - 55 Vanguard Tank, Jedi Covenant
Somera - 55 Combat Sentinel, Jedi Covenant
Laralanthalasa - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Jedi Covenant

Slopster
05.09.2013 , 10:49 PM | #189
@Wolfpackaw: Any chance we could merge this thread with known bugged achievements, because they need to be documented, and I can't see a better thread for it than this.

#brokenswtorcodex
#brokenswtorachievements

Never Forget.
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)

Jenemi
05.10.2013 , 07:43 PM | #190
To be honest, considering this is a story-related game, I feel the lore/codex is kind of important to gameplay--not to mention it gives experience too so...

It makes me sad to see the Codex is kicked to the curb As it is, even with tickets the results tend to vary. A friend and I both wrote in and each got different codexes granted X__x
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)