Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints, Warzones, and Operations are a boring end game!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Flashpoints, Warzones, and Operations are a boring end game!

FariaFirst
02.26.2012 , 09:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
Reading the answer of how they're planning to evolve the end game just gives me no hope. The three Warzones aren't the problem, it's just they mean nothing in the game and so it becomes boring. It's the same old Battleground crap we've played in WoW for years and yet they've just decided to copy it and do nothing new. Flashpoints again there is nothing wrong with them but it provides like an hour of entertainment in an MMO that is meant to last months if not years. Once you've gone through the same one twice you skip all the dialogue and just want to get through it asap for the gear, xp or to run your friend through it. Operations are just small Raids from WoW (I know they've scaled it down since I've played) but it still becomes about the same old thing of needing certain specs and classes. It still becomes this boring gear grind to which by the time they fix the gear situation I wont use for PVP anyways.

The problem is the end game has no substance, there is no innovation and it feels like I've stepped into WoW again. I got bored of that in 2006 and don't want to play it again. Bioware said they didn't want to follow the cliches of the genre and that is all they've done but done it worse in many ways and seven years after the fact.

What would keep me playing long term? Maybe something meaningful to PVP over that isn't the boring Ilum? DAOC and WAR had such amazing world keep PVP it was amazing defending and attacking those keeps for territory. Yet what does Ilum have? Node flipping.........

We have planets like Tatooine sitting there that are so setup for some good world PVP but there is nothing to fight for other than a Balloon ride Datacron that you barely see any. Open up both cities so you can travel to each one without a stupid Taxi you drive yourself and put some objectives on the planet.

Get rid of Fleet Stations so people are put into the world and so they're more likely to help new or lower level players in PVE content or protecting them from the other faction. Maybe people will stay in Ilum and get involved in the PVP there improving it abit? It was such a retarded idea to take people out of the game and put them in those stations...

Professions I can think of which gives people other gameplay opportunities other than the useless crafting skills but Biochem now? Image Designer, Creature Handler and Entertainer just from the top of my head.

We need more open non linear worlds because no one wants to go back to the boring linear ones. I dunno who designed those but they just feel like Mass Effect levels you never want to see again. I hope for the love of god that they add more planets in because I refuse to make ALTs going through the same **** content again.

Yet all Bioware seem to say is Flashpoints, Warzones, and Operations.........

So basically you're copying WoW to which why everyone got bored of it already :\ No thanx I wont be sticking around once this sub is up.

In other words you don't like MMOs

monkgryphon
02.26.2012 , 09:40 AM | #12
Can I have your stuff?

thewayshemoves
02.26.2012 , 10:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MrCute View Post
Maybe Hello Kitty Island Adventure works for you. LOL.
What are you implying? You better watch yourself, that's the best game ever and you know it!

To OP. Each to their own. If you don't like it, cool, go play something else. Some of us do and that's also cool. See how that works? Neat, huh?