Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass
02.11.2012 , 04:08 AM | #1
In the dev. Q&A on Feb 10th Dual Spec got confirmed and now an interview with Stephen Reid has just confirmed they are looking into a cross server flash point finder which is huge considering they said they didn't like the notion originally.

http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-...ry-transcript/

Who won? Who is next? You decide!

EDIT: For people skeptical or lazy

Simon Any plans for an LFG tool?

SR: Definitely being looked at including cross-server Flashpoint tool. Definitely wanting to do.

EDIT 2: The above is not "word for word" and there is a podcast that you can listen to and the LFD part comes around 26:10. Under no way or form does he say LFD Is coming cross server but he confirms that they are in fact looking at it which is HUGE from their previous stance.
Our lack of a proper LFD tool will black out the sun!
Then we shall cancel our subs in the shade!

Doamy
02.11.2012 , 04:12 AM | #2
They have been touting dual spec as a possibility and pretty much as given pretty early...

It's not news, the fact they did not say it was in 1.2 tells me it possibly wont be in until 1.3 at the earliest.

Senatsu
02.11.2012 , 04:13 AM | #3
If they throw up a teleporting, cross server queue LFG system, I'm out of here.

Perhilion
02.11.2012 , 04:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Touchbass View Post
In the dev. Q&A on Feb 10th Dual Spec got confirmed and now an interview with Stephen Reid has just confirmed they are looking into a cross server flash point finder which is huge considering they said they didn't like the notion originally.

Apparently the stock owners are getting restless....

Dirtylobster
02.11.2012 , 04:13 AM | #5
bye

darkcerb
02.11.2012 , 04:14 AM | #6
Makes me kind of regret re-rolling on harbinger to flee a dead server.

But I'll get over it quickly especially given how hard it is to get a group even here.

Touchbass
02.11.2012 , 04:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Doamy View Post
They have been touting dual spec as a possibility and pretty much as given pretty early...

It's not news, the fact they did not say it was in 1.2 tells me it possibly wont be in until 1.3 at the earliest.
The cross server news just came out, so that's fresh. Dual spec wasn't confirmed until yetersday so it ends the debate on it.
Our lack of a proper LFD tool will black out the sun!
Then we shall cancel our subs in the shade!

JeremyDale
02.11.2012 , 04:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Touchbass View Post

GOOD

About time they did something smart. Adding a cross-server flash point finder to this game would help it A LOT. Considering there is almost NOTHING to do after you level 50 on this game BUT flashpoints...yeah, they need to make it as easy and quick as possible to do them.

Sitting in the fleet all day begging for a group isn't much fun...

DarthSeidhr
02.11.2012 , 04:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
So you'll leave if they implement a tool that helps people get groups without spamming general chat for an hour? Cool. Have fun with your other games.

darkcerb
02.11.2012 , 04:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
Yes spending 10 minutes going through pointless empty transitional hallways make's you a far better player and this a far better game.

And getting groups is overrated anyway, low pop servers should just suck it up...and clone themselves I guess.