Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soa bugs a plenty

MaxDeeps
02.11.2012 , 01:47 AM | #1
My guild has been working on HM Soa and has encountered many encounter breaking bugs. I would say that only about 1 in 5 attempts actually works as intended.

For anyone who cares; we're an 8 man guild of mostly ex-hardcore WoW raiders who want to raid casually without the carrying baddies part that usually goes along with that. We have 5/5 NiM KP and 4/5 NiM/HM EV. We raid one or two nights a week. Granted, if we raided 5 nights a week for 4 hours we probably could've had a clean attempt that was also bug free but none us can or want to commit that much time.

Back to the bugs, here's what we've been seeing;
  • After a wipe (often from a bug) upon reengaging Soa and getting him to his second phase several pieces of the platform will be missing, making the transition down to phase 3 impossible.
  • If you transition out of phase 2 while someone is being spun around in the air by Force Cyclone upon being thrown down to the bottom they seem to enter a different phase where we cannot see/battle rez them and they cannot see us or the boss (even though we can see them on the minimap).
  • On several occasions someone receiving a battle rez was teleported out of the instance (no, they didn't hit medical droid by mistake).
  • On several occasions when someone received a battle rez it caused Soa to reset and the person who was rezzed was warped back to the top/beginning of the encounter.
  • Occasionally on transition into phase 2 Soa will not properly lose the stacks of his buff.
  • Random aggro in phase 3 making positioning him for the shield removal difficult if not impossible.
  • Not specific to Soa; Battle Rez not working even though it's off CD and hasn't been used that fight.
  • Soa's shield will occasionally not break upon being hit with a pillar in phase 3.
  • Soa will sometimes not bring down pillars in phase 3 for extended lengths of time. He normally seems to do them pretty consistently but occasionally he seems to skip 1 or 2.

- Possible bugs / Things that should be fixed -
  • Lightning balls can target people being spun in the air, causing them to be slammed on the ball without anyway to avoid it, usually causing them to die.
  • Lightning balls do not despawn on transition out of phase 2.
  • You guys changed it so someone in a mind trap on transition from phase 2 is released but if you're being spun in the air by Force Cyclone you're screwed (even more so because of the previously mentioned phasing bug).
Crassus Arkana
50 Powertech - Daragon Trail

z-enzo
02.11.2012 , 01:50 AM | #2
+1
I you want this fixed please + this thread.
I am here to avenge my death.

docerstien
02.11.2012 , 02:01 AM | #3
+1 A lot of these problems would have been forseen, if there was a Character Transfer to the PTS.
/cast Indifference

Missywink
02.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #4
+1

Spent 3 hours wiping on him on hard mode the other day. The randomness of the bugs is infuriating.

maxbaby
02.11.2012 , 02:26 AM | #5
+1. We got the point after our third wipe.

Our guild leader posted on random aggro here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=280476

Here is the list of problems with operations http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=251249

Thank you for the list of bugs on SOA.
I hope mods will take a look at it and forward to developers.

Ashleya
02.11.2012 , 02:33 PM | #6
+1 We've experienced most, if not all of these.

Occams_Razor
02.11.2012 , 03:49 PM | #7
To be honest, we experienced most, if not all, of those on normal mode as well. They're not *as* fatal, usually, but it makes it hard for a casual guild to get the guy down when you have to wipe until he *doesn't* bug and then hope everyone executes perfectly....

(I know, Soa Normal is a cake walk. I don't mind being bad, but when the bugs make four out of five deaths not your fault, it's frustrating.)

Vornin
02.11.2012 , 05:02 PM | #8
+1 Progression hit a wall with this new batch.
SWTOR CE VIP. Im the guy behind the fuzzy rope.
7/18/2011 I was there when the first pre-order leak surfaced.
7/21/2011 I was there when the pre-orders went live.
9/24/2011 I was there when the Release Date released.

DjArioch
02.11.2012 , 05:21 PM | #9
Hard to keep moving down with missing platforms...

Unixx
02.11.2012 , 05:22 PM | #10
We are a 16 man raiding guild on Darth Revan's Mask and also encounter these bugs in our SOA attempts (mostly in hardmode/nightmare).

In addition, we have also seen lightning balls following players into the mind traps.
Semi-Hardcore-Gilde:
http://www.galactic-senate.org