Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
03.16.2012 , 05:21 PM | #521
To answer the title, I say "no" and it is out of spite.

I loathe apple.

Toxen's Avatar


Toxen
03.16.2012 , 05:38 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
To answer the title, I say "no" and it is out of spite.

I loathe apple.
You know corporations aren't REALLY people, right?
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

Wicari's Avatar


Wicari
03.16.2012 , 05:51 PM | #523
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=2922&page=39

Posted 5 Days ago. A little search goes a long way. Now please move on.

Onyx's Avatar


Onyx
03.16.2012 , 06:01 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=2922&page=39

Posted 5 Days ago. A little search goes a long way. Now please move on.
You might want to follow your own advice That statement was officially clarified as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...62#post3341062
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

Wicari's Avatar


Wicari
03.16.2012 , 06:11 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
Trust me on this - Mac users are the 1%ers.
I smell an occupy Redmond movement coming on.

Wicari's Avatar


Wicari
03.16.2012 , 06:23 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
You might want to follow your own advice That statement was officially clarified as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...62#post3341062
LOL Okay. Thanks for helping drive my point home? Yes what ^the said, Topic is over now move on. Though I do get a kick out of watching the *man-length & girth* comparisons of the two sides (Win OS vs MAC OS). Reminds me of days gone past with the old *nix wars.

Toxen's Avatar


Toxen
03.16.2012 , 07:28 PM | #527
I used to wonder why WinPC fans get so angry at the thought of anyone even owning a Mac. It's as if the Mac users personally hurt them or something. But then I read articles like this:

http://allthingsd.com/20110816/mac-s...s-are-in-asia/
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/...ing-pc-market/
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/10/...-market-in-q3/

And I realize that perhaps they feel threatened by the increasing popularity of Macs and the Apple brand in general. Oh well, haters gonna hate, and they say jealousy is the highest form of flattery (or is it imitation? I always get those two mixed up )
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

Wolfeisberg's Avatar


Wolfeisberg
03.16.2012 , 08:08 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I used to wonder why WinPC fans get so angry at the thought of anyone even owning a Mac. It's as if the Mac users personally hurt them or something. But then I read articles like this:

http://allthingsd.com/20110816/mac-s...s-are-in-asia/
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/...ing-pc-market/
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/10/...-market-in-q3/

And I realize that perhaps they feel threatened by the increasing popularity of Macs and the Apple brand in general. Oh well, haters gonna hate, and they say jealousy is the highest form of flattery (or is it imitation? I always get those two mixed up )
Except for there is nothing to be jealous of about Macs, coming from a perspective of a high end gamer. Instead I see Mac as a very limited machine that costs 3x the amount of a PC that I can build. I also don't hate Macs, they just don't fulfill my needs/wants.

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
03.16.2012 , 08:30 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Pencilvania View Post
Do you support a Mac OS X client for SWTOR?
No, it's a total waste of developement time, considering how low the Mac population is. You can still play SWTOR on your Mac using bootcamp.

Macs are great, only not for gaming.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

RobNightfall's Avatar


RobNightfall
03.16.2012 , 09:24 PM | #530
I would spare Mac users the pain of working with the game's engine lol, but if they really want it I suppose they could have it. Also, from what I understand, there is a program they can run that will let them run this game.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.