Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

elstuff
12.13.2011 , 10:35 AM | #31
Yes. I play on bootcamped Windows 7 now but would prefer native Mac OS.

Noctournys
12.13.2011 , 10:40 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
No, I do not support. Use bootcamp or yell at Apple for using gestapo tactics in regards to their OS compatibility.

It's not BioWare's responsibility to bend over backwards to meet Apple's demands especially when Apple isn't exactly "known" for playing well with others.
.... what?

I have no earthly idea what you're talking about, particularly since it is Microsoft with the proprietary API that they wont liscence to anyone else (DirectX) that prevents porting in 90% of cases.

The only reason there's no support for OSX is because when work began on SWTOR, the HERO engine version used had no support for OpenGL, because Microsoft had paid them rather a bit of money to ensure that only a DirectX code path was enabled.

dnian
12.13.2011 , 10:42 AM | #33
I support a Mac and Linux client, its just lazy that they didnt make one, and no i am not a mac or linux user

catherder
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #34
Nope and I don't have an iPhone

VillageIdiot
12.13.2011 , 11:07 AM | #35
I'm too poor for bootcamp, so I'm hoping I'll get windows 7 software for Christmas. Unfortunately, that means I have to wait an extra week for the game. I support the Mac Client because I hate third party software.

XargonWan
12.13.2011 , 11:16 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by elstuff View Post
Yes. I play on bootcamped Windows 7 now but would prefer native Mac OS.
There is no beta invitation, there is hope. / There is no release date, there is hype.
There is no Mac client, there is flame. / There is no disclosure, there are leaks.
There is no SWTOR, there is waiting.

Mindsplitter
12.13.2011 , 11:18 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostedchill View Post
Untrue, Mac users are growing. Also Mac's are not bad for gaming as the hardware in them is usually fairly good for the video editting and 3d rendering software that is used on them.
Only windowz supports DirectX, so... out of luck unless they want to re-write the graphic engine to support OpenGL. GG.

Electricdawn
12.13.2011 , 11:22 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGremio View Post
Bootcamp
Why would I want to do that if I bought a Mac to get rid of Windows in the first place?

BTW, Blizz says hello to all the people that think programming a Mac client is not worth it. And I mean a REAL Mac client, no Cider crap.

-E

Pencilvania
12.13.2011 , 11:57 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindsplitter View Post
Only windowz supports DirectX, so... out of luck unless they want to re-write the graphic engine to support OpenGL. GG.
Actually there is hope, the Hero engine is starting to develop support for OpenGL.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/09/ar...to-heroengine/

Portabella
12.13.2011 , 01:18 PM | #40
+1

Would love to ditch Bootcamp, which I am currently only using for this game.