Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

fordpre
03.08.2012 , 09:03 AM | #351
Its simple for me if its likely that making a mac client would be revenue neutral at least sure why not. However taking away valuable development money to pander to a very small minority of people then no. Maybe bioware could charge a premium for the mac client so that overall it doesnt take any cash away from ongoing game development ?

DarthTHC
03.08.2012 , 09:07 AM | #352
This is a financial question BioWare/EA will figure out.

If they determine there is enough of a market to make implementing a Mac version more profitable than the rest of their activities, they'll do it. Of course, they would have done it with release if they really thought there was profit to be had, so don't get your hopes up.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Yggson
03.08.2012 , 11:05 AM | #353
I support a Macintosh client for SWTOR and hope it's released sooner rather than later.

realID
03.08.2012 , 11:12 AM | #354
I'm not against it, but I'm not for it either.

As others have said, bootcamp and/or just don't buy a mac for gaming.

Anzel
03.08.2012 , 11:18 AM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by yfelsung View Post
but, macs actually running a mac os only make up about 5% of the market, so i wouldn't hold your breath.

this^^^
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

BrunoLogan
03.08.2012 , 11:21 AM | #356
I support the Mac client as I support any other platform they might want to port to.

Lethality
03.08.2012 , 12:02 PM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
this^^^
Actually it's closer to 20%, but, whatever.
Interested in a Mac version of TOR? Show your support here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683591

RyZaMa
03.08.2012 , 12:43 PM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
Actually it's closer to 20%, but, whatever.
Incorrect, go do some research. The highest numbers show about 14.04%, however when you average out all the statcounters to get the most accurate esimtate. You get 8.92%

Windows has an install base of 1.25 billion Windows machines. Apple may be doing well in the mobile space for the time being, but when it comes to devices that do more then watch youtube videos. Microsoft is still king.

RyZaMa
03.08.2012 , 12:47 PM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
Far more than ever.
I've never been able to understand why though? You pay 2x more for the EXACT same hardware, usually worse specs. The only way to jusify it is to actually believe the MAC OS operating system worth that insanely inflated cost. Which it isn't.

Apple seems to be able to convice the near-retarded computer users that Apple is some magical OS that never crashes and never get viruses (why write virsues for an OS no on uses... thats the real reason). Most people with a brain laugh and go buy a real machine.

Being in the IT industry I cannot bring myself to buy an Apple computer, I feel like someone is stealling half my money when I do so.

Lethality
03.08.2012 , 12:57 PM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by RyZaMa View Post
I've never been able to understand why though? You pay 2x more for the EXACT same hardware, usually worse specs. The only way to jusify it is to actually believe the MAC OS operating system worth that insanely inflated cost. Which it isn't.

Apple seems to be able to convice the near-retarded computer users that Apple is some magical OS that never crashes and never get viruses (why write virsues for an OS no on uses... thats the real reason). Most people with a brain laugh and go buy a real machine.

Being in the IT industry I cannot bring myself to buy an Apple computer, I feel like someone is stealling half my money when I do so.
Being in the IT industry, you will NEVER be able to understand why. Open your mind. Perhaps... just perhaps... there's more to what Apple does.

All I know is people like you are going to be antiques soon.
Interested in a Mac version of TOR? Show your support here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683591