Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

Culveren
01.25.2012 , 12:58 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
Would a $1300 PC run TOR "fast"? Yes, yes it would.

So what concern is it of yours if I want to pay more for my own version of that same "fast"?

You worry about your budget, I'll worry about mine. Fact of the matter is, Mac hardware is more than capable to crush TOR. 'Nuff said.
Like i said in my post, its none of my concern. But for those who do not know that they are paying a lot more for nothing more than a logo, they might be happy to know. Not everyone wants to pay an extra 700 dollars for a unibody.

Calsetes
01.25.2012 , 12:59 PM | #102
.... Why not have it? I mean, it's not going to limit the game to only Mac players then, and it's only going to give more people access to play the game with me, so... sure.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

Lethality
01.25.2012 , 01:00 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Culveren View Post
Like i said in my post, its none of my concern. But for those who do not know that they are paying a lot more for nothing more than a logo, they might be happy to know. Not everyone wants to pay an extra 700 dollars for no reason.
It's much, much more than a logo.

There's a difference between being cheap and having value. Cheap is easy. PCs are cheap. The Mac provides value. For my dollar, Macs are underpriced.
Interested in a Mac version of TOR? Show your support here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683591

MaGicBush
01.25.2012 , 01:01 PM | #104
Would a $1300 PC run TOR "fast"? Yes, yes it would.

So what concern is it of yours if I want to pay more for my own version of that same "fast"?

You worry about your budget, I'll worry about mine. Fact of the matter is, Mac hardware is more than capable to crush TOR. 'Nuff said.
He was just smashing the points others have made so far thinking MACs are somehow better because they cost more, they simply are not. He even stated he doesn't care what you buy, it's good to inform people that don't know. Honestly I personally have no clue why one would want to spend twice as much for the exact same hardware, but to each his own.

daemian
01.25.2012 , 01:03 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by MaGicBush View Post
He was just smashing the points others have made so far thinking MACs are somehow better because they cost more, they simply are not. He even stated he doesn't care what you buy, it's good to inform people that don't know. Honestly I personally have no clue why one would want to spend twice as much for the exact same hardware, but to each his own.
Got it. PCs are better because they cost less.

MustrumRidcully
01.25.2012 , 01:04 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Pencilvania View Post
Thread Topic: Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?
It's towards the lower half of my priority list. It's nice for those that exclusively want or have to use Mac OS X. But I think there are features and tasks that would provide a better yield for the community and potential audience.

MaGicBush
01.25.2012 , 01:05 PM | #107

There's a difference between being cheap and having value. Cheap is easy. PCs are cheap. The Mac provides value. For my dollar, Macs are underpriced.
So another words just a logo, value is in the eye of the beholder there guy. Your just supporting the same product from a different company for twice the price. Which honestly to me that is much less value, exactly half as much as a PC. Value is generally measured by price + performance together.

Culveren
01.25.2012 , 01:05 PM | #108

I do not even know where to start.

1.) Macs are not more expensive, they simply offer less performance per dollar than a PC. There are plenty of PCs that can exceed mac prices.

2.) What do you mean value? it performs less functions at slower speeds. That is less valuable.

Chromiie
01.25.2012 , 01:06 PM | #109

Lol Apple Fanboy. The desktop I build has much better value.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader

daemian
01.25.2012 , 01:08 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It's towards the lower half of my priority list. It's nice for those that exclusively want or have to use Mac OS X. But I think there are features and tasks that would provide a better yield for the community and potential audience.
Nice to see a rational argument that's actually on topic. In response I would wonder if the potential increase in playerbase due to making an OS X client available (and the resulting increase in revenue) would actually lend itself to a better player experience and help facilitate rolling out improvements and enhancements faster to the entire comunity.

The fact that they've publicly announced they're considering it shows the idea has some merit.