Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Back in the QUE after DC... Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Back in the QUE after DC... Why?

Nearox
12.15.2011 , 03:24 PM | #1
This is so annoying.

Everytime I wait 1.5 hours to log into the server. An hour or two later I get a DC (not my connection, game just suddenly decides to alt-f4 by itself when phasing).

Instead of still being logged in to the server so I do not have to be in the que again, I have to WAIT AGAIN for 1.5 HOURS.

Which is really ridiculous to be honest. It forces people to be stuck in the que multiple times a day.

I will kindly ask Bioware to do something about it.

Smalle
12.15.2011 , 03:44 PM | #2
I am envious you get over an hours gameplay! Atm I get 20 mins then a full freeze and again I am in an ever increasing queue
'CE Owners Club'

Stixxz
12.15.2011 , 04:09 PM | #3
Be grateful you can wait in the queue to play the game, when others don't have access yet!

Adarnia
12.16.2011 , 05:16 PM | #4
Had the same problem. I have zero issue with waiting in queue to log on for the first time. But being disconnecting five minuets after getting in and then to be put back into an hour queue is completely unacceptable. The funny thing is before the maintenance I crashed and got right back in when the server had a huge wait.

And to the guys saying some folks cant even play yet. You should have told em to pre-order earlier.

Ruan
12.16.2011 , 05:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
Be grateful you can wait in the queue to play the game, when others don't have access yet!
A queue is a queue, regardless if it's displaying a number on your screen or not.

@OP I agree fully there should be a grace period to log back in after a disconnect or crash.
Social features; cantinas, player housing, guild cities, these are what SWG did right.
PvP specific gear is the best way to kill PvP by segregating your player base.

Delillo
12.16.2011 , 05:23 PM | #6
Agree. This is really a serious issue at launch.

With a queue time on my server approaching an hour, a little 15 sec DQ from my DSL just can't be allowed to kick you out.

Rift did a great job at getting you back in game after a crash or DQ - its something Bioware should emulate.

DalVantiez
12.16.2011 , 05:23 PM | #7
I went pee only to come back to d/c and nice long line. Why on earth do I need to wait in line again?

You should only need to wait in line once a day.

Rift also has free character transfers which makes server population balance a NON-issue.

Remind me again why I paid $150 for this game... CE's should get their own queue for joining servers.
MDK | 1-8-7

Fayne_Rogue
12.16.2011 , 05:38 PM | #8
Seriously, 150 bucks for a 1+ hour queue is unacceptable.

Tristaaz
12.16.2011 , 05:42 PM | #9
As this is unacceptable we should get one month for free!
Tristaaz-Tristram-Trist-

Divalinor
12.16.2011 , 05:43 PM | #10
Think about it. With the current queues these would be likely scenarios:

Raiding:
you have to start to login maybe 2 hours before the scheduled time, even if you are working and come home maybe 30 mins before raid.

During the raid, someone DC's ... well raid needs a replacement or wait 1.5 hours for the person to get back online.

This is what I fear..

EDIT:

Quote: Originally Posted by Tristaaz View Post
As this is unacceptable we should get one month for free!
.... just lol..
My allegiance is with the highest bidder.