Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One Tank Ops Need To Go

Feebs
02.10.2012 , 09:55 PM | #1
Title.

Requiring 1/8 and 1/16 for most of the OPS content while at the same time using a 1/4 ratio for Flashpoints should have been an obvious warning flag early on. The size of groups should scale a little better so that the population has a better supply of experienced tanks and healers. It doesn't need to scale directly with 4 man groups, but any increase is an improvement. This will be less of a problem when dual spec'ing comes out, but overall more interesting content could be designed with using more tanks in mind.

dragonfor
02.10.2012 , 11:16 PM | #2
Less tanks per Ops group means more groups over-all allowing more dps and heals into ops groups.

Seriously, read between the lines of your own post and you'll see that all you're saying is:
"I don't want to start my own Ops groups and the Ops groups that're starting already have their Tanks, so I'm going to go cry about it on the forums instead of actually doing something about it myself".

grandmasterub
02.10.2012 , 11:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dragonfor View Post
Less tanks per Ops group means more groups over-all allowing more dps and heals into ops groups.

Seriously, read between the lines of your own post and you'll see that all you're saying is:
"I don't want to start my own Ops groups and the Ops groups that're starting already have their Tanks, so I'm going to go cry about it on the forums instead of actually doing something about it myself".
While theoretically this sounds good. It never works this way in reality. Its been a mistake in virtually every mmo.

In realty the lack of ops positions causes people to reroll dps. Which then results in a lack of heroic casual tanks. So then 4person heroics are constantly LF tank.
Rhaegar - Jedi Shadow Hyperspace Cannon
Trooperdude - Vanguard Hyperspace Cannon

All WZ Players Please Read

NemeirNyyx
02.10.2012 , 11:23 PM | #4
How about do the math. If Tanks start the game knowing that 3/4 of them are going to be sitting on the bench once they reach op level, there's less incentive to level as one. Then you get a horrible imbalance of DPS/Heals to tanks, and have a hell of a time doing FPs.

As it is, I OT ops, and that largely consists of Ad duty, and dealing with a steady stream of 'what do we need you for' jokes, which are wearing thin. Fun times...\sarc

illgot
02.11.2012 , 01:22 AM | #5
Dual spec is being designed now, so no one will be stuck in one role or have to go through the hassle and cost of changing every time they find a group.

Feebs
02.11.2012 , 02:03 AM | #6
What derp of a moderator moved a PTR suggestion regarding 16 man operations to the PvP forum? Your incompetence is astounding. Whatever idiot hired the idiot that moved this topic is a perfect example of why Bioware and EA need to get out of the MMO business. You have no idea how to deal with your customers after you sell them the steaming pile of beta you call a game.

Unsubbed.

allancue
02.11.2012 , 02:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Feebs View Post
What derp of a moderator moved a PTR suggestion regarding 16 man operations to the PvP forum? Your incompetence is astounding. Whatever idiot hired the idiot that moved this topic is a perfect example of why Bioware and EA need to get out of the MMO business. You have no idea how to deal with your customers after you sell them the steaming pile of beta you call a game.

Unsubbed.
How entertaining that your guild's name is "Committed."
GRAYNE - sith assassin
<Friends with Benefits> - 4/4 HM EC, Infernal/Unyielding - Dark Reaper
Offering a competitive gaming experience to adults with lives since 2011.

ericdjobs
02.11.2012 , 02:18 AM | #8
Wow.... GG Bioware CS reps moving this here, LOL.

But I feel you man, totally agree with you... I complain about it every day in guild chat.

I wanted to tank.

I levelled as a tank.
I did all my flashpoints as a tank.
When I hit 50 I ground my dailies and HM flashpoints, getting tank gear.. tanking all along.

I join a raiding guild.

Wow.. the Ops only require 1, maybe MAYBE two tanks VERY RARELY... two guild leaders are tanks... okay.

I have to respec DPS for a raid slot.
At first it wasn't bad, I could respec back and tank heroics the first couple of days.. but once the respec cost gets up to 100k NO MORE TANK ANYONE ALL WEEK HAHA

All day long all I see in general is "LFG (insert whatever here) HM, Need 1 more TANK!" And say to my self "gosh darn you bioware, why did you design the raid encounters to only require one tank when you have 4 man flashpoints?"

Another problem that comes from this issue; Guilds have no real community building activities to do. What happens is a clique forms with the tanks that are always running HMs.. After raids there's no tanks available to break off and go run some hard modes together.. or on off nights to run hard modes together....

It's just a mess altogether.

Aidank
02.11.2012 , 02:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by allancue View Post
How entertaining that your guild's name is "Committed."
Thinking the same thing.

But either way, since it's here, I agree with the OP.

it should be the same ratio across the board, otherwise you'll just end up with a huge shortage of dps in ops and an excess of tanks in fps
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

DarthBloodloss
02.11.2012 , 04:05 AM | #10
I agree just for the fact that my tank buddies either get left behind or semi handicap the ops group when they come along. sucks to decline them because we already have our 1 tank
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS