Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star wars 3d

Theta_
02.12.2012 , 10:05 PM | #21
I was watching a movie I knew was bad again... Not to mention the 3D was so "plain" I only noticed it once... :P

Pirana
02.12.2012 , 10:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by keiklo View Post
You say you wont see it, but we all know when the time comes next year youll be there with the rest of us drooling over your popcorn having a lightsaber fight with your iphone or android and giggling like a school child on first day of summer. Its star wars and good or bad its on a big screen the way it was ment to be watched.

Also the 3D was done extremely well, Lucas and his art team have insisted there would be no Poping out at you but instead they planned to add depth and feeling to scenes that were bland before, Like did you ever notice the blinking red lights on the hyper drive that obi wan is working on Niether did i but if you pay attention all that stuff seems so close its hard to ignore. or the Bite mark on the Unga Bunga transport. anyway See ya next year at Clone Wars.

My guess is that I will be there as you mentioned, only because this is the only time, and the only thing that I geek out on. It being Star Wars. But, I can assure you, I won't be eating popcorn or whatever it is they serve there. Unlike most gamers, I care about my health.

Regarding the 3D, from my point of view, it wasn't impressive whatsoever. The most impressive aspect, and this isn't hyperbole, were the subtitles. But, if others enjoy it, that's great.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

keiklo
02.12.2012 , 11:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bigray View Post
I thought the 3D was decent. The overall picture quality was outstanding, much sharper than I remember it on original theater release. I don't know if that's purely the 3D or if it's other "cleaning up" they did on this version. Brought my kids who have seen the movies many times, but really there is nothing like seeing SW in the theater, regardless of which movie it is. It's just ... better.

They used the Blu-Ray HI-DEF version to remaster the 3D so the picture quality will be unmatched by any of the movies (SW) in theaters before
Keiklo ~ Sniper Kitila ~ Bounty Hunter Till'n ~ Jedi Knight
Scitcat ~ Trooper
Dark Ops HARBINGER COLLECTORS EDITION VIP

keiklo
02.12.2012 , 11:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDeangelis View Post
Is that how often they'll be re-releasing them? I was hoping for one every few monthes.

My experience was great. I loved it. I will be collecting the glasses from each movie :P

I felt so proud to be a Star Wars fan when i saw people in Jedi Robes and people applauding and yelling out "Woot! STAR WARS! May the Force be with us!" when "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" came onto the screen.

I love ALL of the movies, but in all honesty, we got the worst one out of the way. I can't wait to go to the next 5.
Yes sadly, i too was hoping every few months but the way its currently planned is 1 every year for the next 6 years ending with ROTJ in 2017
Scitcat ~ Trooper

Fyurii
02.12.2012 , 11:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OmySpy View Post
MAYBE THEY SHOULD! I just watched that movie again, classic
To this day, I have never seen the middle of the film.
I've seen the beginning and the last third of it. I always, always fall asleep to that film. It's the only film I've ever seen that can do that to me.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

keiklo
02.12.2012 , 11:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Theta_ View Post
I was watching a movie I knew was bad again... Not to mention the 3D was so "plain" I only noticed it once... :P
I actually used this too my advantage as i took my 7 year old brother who luckily only had to get up once to get a drink, even though insisted he didn't want one before hand. Knowing which part i could miss helped when choosing when to go get said drink.
Scitcat ~ Trooper

wcnighthawk
02.12.2012 , 11:37 PM | #27
I like how they replaced puppet Yoda with the CG ones from the other 2 films, which is good, but then when Darth Maul get's cut in two and is falling down the shaft, they left it as the original mannequin model thing which you can tell is fake. Why couldn't they CG that as well to make it look better?

BTW, loved the 3D effects. And the 3 ET's chilling in the Senate lol.
CLUB CE VIP

Tarquinas Refugee