Star wars 3d

keiklo

who saw it and what did you think????

I just got home and WOW, over exceeded my expectations, certain aspects were a bit underdone but overall for a movie retro 3D'd it was damn impressive Can't wait for the next 5. Only part upsetting was the there was no midnight release but hopefully for the original trilogy there will be.

who saw it and what did you think????

I just got home and WOW, over exceeded my expectations, certain aspects were a bit underdone but overall for a movie retro 3D'd it was damn impressive Can't wait for the next 5. Only part upsetting was the there was no midnight release but hopefully for the original trilogy there will be.

So how low were your expectations going into the film?

So how low were your expectations going into the film?

Well im huge fan and I have seen every episode 100 times or so own them on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray. So was prepared for things like ships, blaster bolts and Lightsabers to be retro'd but the way they layered the scenes and brought everything to a realistic feel was very impressive. But yea, knowing that it wasnt shot in 3D like avatar or Resident Evil i was prepared for the 3d to be a bit shotty and it was at spots but overall they did a great job representing it as a full retro 3D movie

I guess I had higher expectations but I didn't really notice a lot of the 3D?

If you want to see the one true film made to showcase the technology of 3D, go see Avatar in an IMAX theater. Just about all other films made since then are shoddy conversions or examples.

I saw it, and I must say I loved it. People bag on the Prequels, but it's starwars nonetheless, Darth Maul and and Qui-Gon make the movie, and I really enjoyed it. If I wasn't sitting next to a kid going "Why are there 2 Jabba The Hutts?", "Oooh he's in two parts now?" "so did...so did Skywalker's pod blow up?" "WHOAAHH explosions"

These are actual quotes, though the father did a semi-decent job trying to keep him quiet.

But I still loved it, the restored 3d was quite nice, not many of those "coming at you" moments, but it still gave that great 3d sense.

Edited by Luminen

If you want to see the one true film made to showcase the technology of 3D, go see Avatar in an IMAX theater. Just about all other films made since then are shoddy conversions or examples.

god Avatar was horrible... they should have just made an all CGI 3D version of Dances with Wolves... would have been more entertaining

god Avatar was horrible... they should have just made an all CGI 3D version of Dances with Wolves... would have been more entertaining

Yeah, that's why I had the words "showcase the technology of 3D" in my post, as Avatar has no equals in that department. :)

Edited by RagnarokJC

So....is the 3D a clear stand out or am I better off watching it on Blu Ray on my new 55inch LED TV I got for X-mas? I would rather buy the Blu Ray version than spend the same price on a movie ticket, drink and popcorn.

ya but watching movies at home just isn't the same... unless of course you invite over a black guy to yell out during it, someone with a kid that never stops crying and then smear sticky candies and god knows what else all over your couch and living room floor

The 3D transition was done well. Like many have said, it is "not in your face" 3D, but noticeable to an extent that I recommend seeing it.

I don't know if it's just me, but I also felt a better immersion into the film comparably to the first time I saw it on the big screen. So I commend the use of a more subtle 3D approach.

I think I read on a site somewhere they used the blu-ray cut (not a 100% sure on this). In either case in both versions Jar-Jar and Watto are more seamlessly integrated, and they do not stick out like CGI toons anymore, and they are more bearable to watch.

Without a doubt, I will definitely be seeing the next five.

Saw it today, wasn't impressed. If you're comparing it to current 3D movies on the market, you'll more than likely be disappointed, but it wasn't horrible either. I won't give anything away as to what was and what wasn't in 3D, but I won't be seeing Clones if and when it's released in 3D.

I actually saw the original three in the theaters in the 70's and 80's, and did enjoy the last three, so this isn't a bash regarding the last three movies, I just wasn't impressed with the 3D that was added.

Saw it today, wasn't impressed. If you're comparing it to current 3D movies on the market, you'll more than likely be disappointed, but it wasn't horrible either. I won't give anything away as to what was and what wasn't in 3D, but I won't be seeing Clones if and when it's released in 3D.

I actually saw the original three in the theaters in the 70's and 80's, and did enjoy the last three, so this isn't a bash regarding the last three movies, I just wasn't impressed with the 3D that was added.

You say you wont see it, but we all know when the time comes next year youll be there with the rest of us drooling over your popcorn having a lightsaber fight with your iphone or android and giggling like a school child on first day of summer. Its star wars and good or bad its on a big screen the way it was ment to be watched.

Also the 3D was done extremely well, Lucas and his art team have insisted there would be no Poping out at you but instead they planned to add depth and feeling to scenes that were bland before, Like did you ever notice the blinking red lights on the hyper drive that obi wan is working on Niether did i but if you pay attention all that stuff seems so close its hard to ignore. or the Bite mark on the Unga Bunga transport. anyway See ya next year at Clone Wars.

I thought the 3D was decent. The overall picture quality was outstanding, much sharper than I remember it on original theater release. I don't know if that's purely the 3D or if it's other "cleaning up" they did on this version. Brought my kids who have seen the movies many times, but really there is nothing like seeing SW in the theater, regardless of which movie it is. It's just ... better.

You say you wont see it, but we all know when the time comes next year youll be there with the rest of us drooling over your popcorn having a lightsaber fight with your iphone or android and giggling like a school child on first day of summer. Its star wars and good or bad its on a big screen the way it was ment to be watched.

Also the 3D was done extremely well, Lucas and his art team have insisted there would be no Poping out at you but instead they planned to add depth and feeling to scenes that were bland before, Like did you ever notice the blinking red lights on the hyper drive that obi wan is working on Niether did i but if you pay attention all that stuff seems so close its hard to ignore. or the Bite mark on the Unga Bunga transport. anyway See ya next year at Clone Wars.

Is that how often they'll be re-releasing them? I was hoping for one every few monthes.

My experience was great. I loved it. I will be collecting the glasses from each movie :p

I felt so proud to be a Star Wars fan when i saw people in Jedi Robes and people applauding and yelling out "Woot! STAR WARS! May the Force be with us!" when "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" came onto the screen.

I love ALL of the movies, but in all honesty, we got the worst one out of the way. I can't wait to go to the next 5.

My guess is that I will be there as you mentioned, only because this is the only time, and the only thing that I geek out on. It being Star Wars. But, I can assure you, I won't be eating popcorn or whatever it is they serve there. Unlike most gamers, I care about my health.

Regarding the 3D, from my point of view, it wasn't impressive whatsoever. The most impressive aspect, and this isn't hyperbole, were the subtitles. But, if others enjoy it, that's great.

Edited by Pirana

I thought the 3D was decent. The overall picture quality was outstanding, much sharper than I remember it on original theater release. I don't know if that's purely the 3D or if it's other "cleaning up" they did on this version. Brought my kids who have seen the movies many times, but really there is nothing like seeing SW in the theater, regardless of which movie it is. It's just ... better.

They used the Blu-Ray HI-DEF version to remaster the 3D so the picture quality will be unmatched by any of the movies (SW) in theaters before

Is that how often they'll be re-releasing them? I was hoping for one every few monthes.

My experience was great. I loved it. I will be collecting the glasses from each movie :p

I felt so proud to be a Star Wars fan when i saw people in Jedi Robes and people applauding and yelling out "Woot! STAR WARS! May the Force be with us!" when "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" came onto the screen.

I love ALL of the movies, but in all honesty, we got the worst one out of the way. I can't wait to go to the next 5.

Yes sadly, i too was hoping every few months but the way its currently planned is 1 every year for the next 6 years ending with ROTJ in 2017

MAYBE THEY SHOULD! I just watched that movie again, classic

To this day, I have never seen the middle of the film.

I've seen the beginning and the last third of it. I always, always fall asleep to that film. It's the only film I've ever seen that can do that to me.