Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent vs. Smuggler Class Story (no spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imperial Agent vs. Smuggler Class Story (no spoilers)

Assam
03.04.2014 , 09:18 AM | #11
I think both are as good as each other

Smuggler - you are basically Han Soloing it - without ruining any of the story, that is how you could look at it, that is the style of story - Correllian Ales, Women/Men, a fast ship and a good blaster at your side - proper swaggering and having fun whilst being in the right amount of trouble.

Agent - completely different type of story and character - working for Imperial Intelligence is utterly different from being a Smuggler - this is the Empire, its way more sinister and serious.

If anything I would say Bounty Hunter is closer to the Smuggler story, Agent is in a world of it's own

Either one you roll, I hope you have as much fun as I had
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.The good news there is Tea too!

MCaliban
03.04.2014 , 09:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ononion View Post
I was just wondering which class story was better. I have heard that the Agent story is amazing but have heard little of the smuggler story. So, without spoilers, which one is better?
Agent.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Master-Nala
03.05.2014 , 10:51 AM | #13
I think both stories are good, but I do like the Smuggler better. The Agent story has some amazing moments, but taking the story as a whole, it makes absolutely no sense. The final Agent boss is a joke, by far the least threatening boss of the 8.

The Agent story has you play as a stooge and/or pawn of the Sith Empire. As I said parts of the story are really fun, but

Spoiler
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

OldVengeance
03.05.2014 , 01:13 PM | #14
I did have a fair bit of fun with the Smuggler story, but the Agent is much better,

Master_Hitsugaya
03.06.2014 , 12:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Assam View Post
I think both are as good as each other

Smuggler - you are basically Han Soloing it - without ruining any of the story, that is how you could look at it, that is the style of story - Correllian Ales, Women/Men, a fast ship and a good blaster at your side - proper swaggering and having fun whilst being in the right amount of trouble.

Agent - completely different type of story and character - working for Imperial Intelligence is utterly different from being a Smuggler - this is the Empire, its way more sinister and serious.

If anything I would say Bounty Hunter is closer to the Smuggler story, Agent is in a world of it's own

Either one you roll, I hope you have as much fun as I had
it's because they both can use 2 blaster

Assam
03.06.2014 , 02:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Hitsugaya View Post
it's because they both can use 2 blaster
That did sway my choice when I rolled my first Smuggler, I blame the Return trailer!
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.The good news there is Tea too!

AlrikFassbauer
03.06.2014 , 12:39 PM | #17
So much wasted potential for the Smuggler story - apart from the end of each act.
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

DomiSotto
03.06.2014 , 03:01 PM | #18
I like playing a Smuggler more, because I do not feel the pressure of authority and the heavy hand of the Sith, but I like the story and the feel of an Agent, because it feels different from the D&D fantasy-adventure genre.

Dan_Loto
03.08.2014 , 09:04 AM | #19
Agent the best class story in the game if you can come up with a good character. Smuggler is much more comedic, but I enjoyed it. I leveled my first Smuggler to 50 with my friend who leveled his Trooper to 50 so we were always amused at the Smuggler lines.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sylriana View Post
Does the smuggler ever actually smuggle anything?
Minor spoilers:
Spoiler

Heith
03.09.2014 , 02:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by raelimar View Post
In all fairness, Han Solo never really smuggled anything in the original films. Unless you count hiding from Imperials as smuggling himself.
um.. the first thing han solo does is smuggle luke and obi wan off world.
anyways, no, the smuggler doesnt really smuggle stuff. a class title of treasure hunter would probably have been more fitting.