Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent vs. Smuggler Class Story (no spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imperial Agent vs. Smuggler Class Story (no spoilers)

Ononion
02.10.2012 , 07:35 PM | #1
I was just wondering which class story was better. I have heard that the Agent story is amazing but have heard little of the smuggler story. So, without spoilers, which one is better?
Be Happy

raelimar
02.10.2012 , 08:21 PM | #2
In my opinion, the Agent story is better. Act One of the Smuggler story is amazing (Ord Mantell/Coruscant as a Smuggler might be my favorite part of the game, although I could be viewing it with rose-colored glasses; Smuggler was my first character in beta, and you never forget your first!), but from there it kind of falls off in quality a bit. I heard that they had different writers working on the Smuggler story, whereas the Agent story is pretty much 100% Alexander Freed.
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

Vandewater
02.10.2012 , 09:11 PM | #3
I haven't played the Smuggler yet but I can attest to the Agent story being amazing. Hell just rolling an agent to see the story is probably worth it. It takes the Intel work more seriously then games based solely on Intel Work...which is odd but props to the Writer.

Sylriana
02.10.2012 , 09:44 PM | #4
Does the smuggler ever actually smuggle anything?

Rahak
02.10.2012 , 10:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylriana View Post
Based on memory, I don't think so.

raelimar
02.10.2012 , 10:51 PM | #6
In all fairness, Han Solo never really smuggled anything in the original films. Unless you count hiding from Imperials as smuggling himself.
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

Atma
02.10.2012 , 11:42 PM | #7
I've played IA and Smuggler to chapter 1, IA's storyline was better by far. Smuggler's is pretty dull to be honest.
Prophecy of the Five
Covu - 55 Sith Juggernaut

Esmie
02.11.2012 , 12:01 AM | #8
I've played both classes and i liked IA story much more. I cant say I liked Smuggler's story itself, but Smuggler personality and the options in the dialogs were quite entrtaining and left good impression in general
GunslingerOperativeMercenary
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU-Pvp

Aesahaettr
02.11.2012 , 03:54 AM | #9
I am at the end of chapter 2 with my IA (but I have not quite finish) and I never played my smuggler farther than the prologue so I can say two things:

IA story is amazing. I played a 50 SI (whose story has bad reputation okay) and it's not remotely comparable.

The smuggler story (for the prologue) is good (not awesome but good) but more than the story, it's the dialogue that are really cool. I think it's the difference between the two classes (IA has good dialogue but not as memorable).
Bonjour maître.

Commander_Kronos
03.02.2014 , 12:58 PM | #10
You do once as far as I can remember at like level 4 or 5.