Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Odd FPS Issue.

Hockaday
12.13.2011 , 09:18 AM | #1
Maybe it's just me...but is anyone else having an odd fps issue? In particular I mean this: In wide open areas populated with mobs and people I'm hitting 50-100 fps. But in small enclosed areas Not with a lot of people...even with NO people, the fps drops to 7-20 fps.

Doesn't this seem to counter normal logic? I know w/e I've had fps issues on other games it was always in wide open areas with lots of people and it'd be " fixed " by going to a smaller area with less people...but it's the opposite on here.

I have adjusted the graphics and it hasn't seemed to really change it. Any advice or opinions would be great. ( besides changing the graphics card, due to some issues I can't do that atm. but my specs are above what is needed, and I don't mean just barely...afaik haha ).
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Drusillus
12.13.2011 , 09:19 AM | #2
Check to make sure your drivers are up to date and if you can, temp the GPU. Overheating can cause issues.
Drusillus
Bloodguard | Mind Trick Server | PvE / EST
Recruiting is OPEN | Casual, Friendly, Adult Atmosphere

gangbot
12.13.2011 , 09:20 AM | #3
rivers being updated is a good thing
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Drusillus
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by gangbot View Post
rivers being updated is a good thing

Darn you before I could edit my post
Drusillus
Bloodguard | Mind Trick Server | PvE / EST
Recruiting is OPEN | Casual, Friendly, Adult Atmosphere

Hockaday
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #5
I updated my drivers recently, I will check again though. It didn't seem to help during beta but I was hoping this was just a beta issue.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}