Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arena, implement competitive PVP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Arena, implement competitive PVP.

Entrerix's Avatar


Entrerix
02.10.2012 , 07:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
Arena was never a measure of skill.. it was a measure of who could exploit the current dream-team combos and burn every CD you had int he first 30 seconds.

And they're introducing rated warzones..... So your argument=invalid.
Of course you are right, because famous WoW players like Neilyo, Snutz, *********** HYDRA, achieved their fame and world renown by playing a dreamteam comp and burning through all cds in 30 sec?

A skilled RLS for example would win vs a faceroll TSG/Kittycleave almost every time. The problem with WoW arena is that it takes perfect coordination and flawless execution to achieve victory as a regular comp whereas a "dreamteam" can afford several mistakes.

Also you cant hope to know what arena would be like in SWTOR. My thread was about cempetetive PVP, arena was just a suggestion, although it's what im hoping for.

Please do not turn this into a WoW-arena discussion.

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
02.10.2012 , 07:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Entrerix View Post
Of course you are right, because famous WoW players like Neilyo, Snutz, *********** HYDRA, achieved their fame and world renown by playing a dreamteam comp and burning through all cds in 30 sec?

A skilled RLS for example would win vs a faceroll TSG/Kittycleave almost every time. The problem with WoW arena is that it takes perfect coordination and flawless execution to achieve victory as a regular comp whereas a "dreamteam" can afford several mistakes.

Also you cant hope to know what arena would be like in SWTOR. My thread was about cempetetive PVP, arena was just a suggestion, although it's what im hoping for.

Please do not turn this into a WoW-arena discussion.
Lol "famous wow players" can't be that famous, must be some people that though they were because they could play 16 hours a day.

Entrerix's Avatar


Entrerix
02.10.2012 , 07:55 PM | #13
And also they can introduce 100 new warzones and it's still not gonna make PVP competetive. And I think that the matchmaking they are introducing to warzones is personal (i could most certainly be wrong though). So lets say you are the best SWTOR pvper there is, but you would still lose all warzones if you are setup with 7 random *******. Then you would have lower rating than a "retard" who is set up with 7 pros.
But if it's like Rated Battlegrounds in WoW, then sure it's a start, but warzones/battleground do not promote individual skill so much due to the number of players, that's why I want arena. And stop writing about 2v2 setups. 2v2 is IMPOSSIBLE to balance. There is absolutely no way in hell 2v2 arena can be even remotely balanced. NEVER.
3v3 though is a LOT more balanced. And it gives SWTOR an opportunity to become an e-sport!

Entrerix's Avatar


Entrerix
02.10.2012 , 07:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
Lol "famous wow players" can't be that famous, must be some people that though they were because they could play 16 hours a day.

FACEPUNCH, when double facepalm isn't enough

Ferrydust's Avatar


Ferrydust
02.10.2012 , 08:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Entrerix View Post
FACEPUNCH, when double facepalm isn't enough
lol seriously

Berylion's Avatar


Berylion
02.10.2012 , 08:36 PM | #16
ITT ****** wow arena player who don't wan't to be ****** in another game.

syntxerr's Avatar


syntxerr
02.10.2012 , 08:44 PM | #17
Personally I'm voting strictly no for arenas because I know what they did to WoW.

If you got nothing to do and got bored of warzones, go out into the actual game world and create some fun PVP. Sure, you don't have any e-peen leaderboards but you got fun and glory.

Berylion's Avatar


Berylion
02.10.2012 , 08:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by syntxerr View Post
Personally I'm voting strictly no for arenas because I know what they did to WoW.

If you got nothing to do and got bored of warzones, go out into the actual game world and create some fun PVP. Sure, you don't have any e-peen leaderboards but you got fun and glory.
Disagree with everything.
Arena should be an option a player choose not an obligation to get good gear! Choose what you like
/thread

Devoter's Avatar


Devoter
02.10.2012 , 09:06 PM | #19
No arenas!
Its just not possible to design classes against each other in PvE, PvP open, PvP Warzones and PvP Arena 2vs2, 3,4 whatever.
How long are there arenas in WoW now? And they never managed balancing and never will, because it is just not possible.
You will realize what a complete idiot you are..

syntxerr's Avatar


syntxerr
02.10.2012 , 09:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Berylion View Post
Disagree with everything.
Arena should be an option a player choose not an obligation to get good gear! Choose what you like
/thread
No force to play arena for gear might be a good start but that was pretty much the last thing I was referring to. Just have a look at the history what arena did to balancing if it is seen and treated as competitive e-sport within such kind of game.

If all you want is duelling teams, meet in Tatooine, you can even attack your own faction there, if you like. Oh but wait, it needs to be competitive, aka in offering gear, leaderboards or ratings? See point above...