Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fett
02.10.2012 , 07:31 PM | #21
Great changes, counter is a huge bonus too, TY Bioware.
Fett
Being a Bounty Hunter is not a class decision, it's a lifestyle...

DarthKeredias
02.10.2012 , 07:32 PM | #22
Now I hope the naysayers will finally shut the hell up about BioWare not listening to the community.

Seriously, it's freakin' annoying and stupid, it's like these people get off on being jerks.

potmonkey
02.10.2012 , 07:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Marqued View Post
Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready. That's more easily discernible than I feel the solutions you've tried to implement. I don't need to see a hourglass type effect and you don't need to darken the hotkey just give me a timer.
If you watch the video it looks like there's a timer on the icon for cooldowns now. Timers for GCD would just be too much. The way they went looks spot on. Awesome job Bioware! Just made my game experience a lot better

Shaizan
02.10.2012 , 07:32 PM | #24
Would also like some more hotbars added to the center bottom, *wink wink* *nudge nudge*.

Arimen
02.10.2012 , 07:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Fett View Post
Great changes, counter is a huge bonus too, TY Bioware.

Yes! Love the counter option.

Merex
02.10.2012 , 07:33 PM | #26
Excellent changes to the GCD stuff. I can't wait for the other UI changes coming in 1.2. Can't wait for scaling!

Andrius-
02.10.2012 , 07:33 PM | #27
Nice BW, it's a good advance!

Goldspice
02.10.2012 , 07:34 PM | #28
Very pleased with these changes. Giving the player options is always the best way.

And the counter is great.

Reevax
02.10.2012 , 07:35 PM | #29
Please waste more time working the UI when the add-on community would do the work for you faster and for free...

DanChart
02.10.2012 , 07:35 PM | #30
Looks great, ship it now!

I'd like the cooldown text to be less chunky (I liked OmniCC, it used a thinner font) and it's important to format to the right precision (e.g. "5m" rather than "300s," 1/10s precision at < 5s) - it seems like this UI does that. I would also prefer making the standard text white and the < 5s text yellow (red doesn't contrast very well and those last seconds are the most critical).

The GCD flash seems like it would be helpful.