Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RealAeiouy's Avatar


RealAeiouy
02.10.2012 , 08:27 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by startoy View Post
Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.
Lol wut ? Lots of people want this and is way more important to playability than moving the ui windows.

Excellent job devs. The customization is very useful.
I put the AssAssIn assassin.

Maizan's Avatar


Maizan
02.10.2012 , 08:29 PM | #102
Looks like a great compromise of many of the suggestions that were brought up in some of the threads. I'm especially excited for the numeric overlay. Thanks for listening BioWare!

spiral_trick's Avatar


spiral_trick
02.10.2012 , 08:33 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by XAndrexX View Post
why the hell are you worrying about cooldown looks? what about full customization where the user can put what he wants anywhere on the screen? Or size preferences to anything on screen, more bars and placing those bars where you see fit. I HATE having my damn bars on the left and right... just stupid.
Look how silly this post is. Look at it.

RealAeiouy's Avatar


RealAeiouy
02.10.2012 , 08:35 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by carlevans View Post
Wow guys! I hated the changes you made in the latest patch i thought you had it right the patch before BUT THIS! This is the best of both worlds! we have a choice! good job and good idea keep up the good work

That is why the customizability is good. The patch before last changes were awful for me. It was a mashing guessing game as abilities appeared to be ready which were not.

None of the three systems so far have been great but I think these changes will make it much better.
I put the AssAssIn assassin.

deags's Avatar


deags
02.10.2012 , 08:37 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by XAndrexX View Post
why the hell are you worrying about cooldown looks? what about full customization where the user can put what he wants anywhere on the screen? Or size preferences to anything on screen, more bars and placing those bars where you see fit. I HATE having my damn bars on the left and right... just stupid.
umm that's going to happen in 1.2, it's already being worked on, so just chill...
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
02.10.2012 , 08:38 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephane View Post
What I am missing in the style selection:

- Ability to turn off cooldown display entirely, i.e. a style "off" (I don't want any display of global cooldown at all, for example)

**snip**

But all in all, a very good step in the right direction. Also love how the screenshot shows that there will be numeric cooldown timers as well.
That please or look towards WoW, Rift,...

There's too much bright flashing that's distracting the eyes. Wow, Rift, LotRo, even AoC does this better.

Thing is when we push a button the whole abilities are flashing. It doesn't work.

Allow players to remove the flashing from all skills that can be queued. We don't need to see them flashing as we can immediately resend them once activated or once we activated any other skill. This way you have 70% or the useless flashing removed.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.10.2012 , 08:41 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Marqued View Post
Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready. That's more easily discernible than I feel the solutions you've tried to implement. I don't need to see a hourglass type effect and you don't need to darken the hotkey just give me a timer.
It's posts like this that make me dismiss all the crybaby posts. Did you even bother to watch the video in the blog post? You can clearly see a cool down timer in the videos. Maybe next time you should actually read/watch the information instead of just scanning the page and immediately going into hate mode.

Quote: Originally Posted by startoy View Post
Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.
Ya no one cares, there's just only multiple threads with 100+ pages about the subject. Also, customizable UI is in the works right now. If you actually paid any attention to the updates bioware posts you would know this already.

MasterRufus's Avatar


MasterRufus
02.10.2012 , 08:43 PM | #108
It's great that you guys have done this, but its really unnecessary...It's perfectly fine as it is now, and a change on the CD UI isn't nearly the biggest problem with the game so far.

Maizan's Avatar


Maizan
02.10.2012 , 08:45 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
That please or look towards WoW, Rift,...

There's too much bright flashing that's distracting the eyes. Wow, Rift, LotRo, even AoC does this better.

Thing is when we push a button the whole abilities are flashing. It doesn't work.

Allow players to remove the flashing from all skills that can be queued. We don't need to see them flashing as we can immediately resend them once activated or once we activated any other skill. This way you have 70% or the useless flashing removed.
Did you not look at the available options? There is a box you can check/uncheck to enable or disable the flashing.

Kaphik's Avatar


Kaphik
02.10.2012 , 08:47 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRufus View Post
It's great that you guys have done this, but its really unnecessary...It's perfectly fine as it is now, and a change on the CD UI isn't nearly the biggest problem with the game so far.
No, it's not perfectly fine for everyone, which is why there were so many threads about the change.

What is perfectly fine is that BioWare is giving us a choice. That is a massive step in the right direction, and just shows they are actually listening to the players despite what many people think.