Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Han shot first

Cancrizans
02.10.2012 , 05:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Lucas needs someone around him with the authority to prevent him from making these kinds of mistakes. If he'd had full control over ep 4, Star Wars would have been a typical, campy sci-fi movie and would never have been as popular as it became.

He needs someone who can tell him, "no George, Han didn't shoot first, there are no midchlorians, there's no Jar-jar Binks, and Anakin Skywalker is not a snot-nosed brat who you want to see die in an explosion."

Lucas is the perfect example of someone who has a lot of talent but needs an editor.
You are just plain wrong...but I suspect most of the people with these kind of anti-Lucas opinions have a similar misinformed conception of his role in Star Wars and the background behind the movies' creation.

Star Wars would never have been a "typical, campy sci-fi movie" because Lucas had deep philosophical intent from the start. There was a really good 2 hour documentary that played a while back where he explained his vision for the films, there was a lot of influence from mythology, Eastern thought, etc.

It should be obvious from even a once over watching of any of the films that the entire way the conflict is set up...the force, light and dark, the monastic and philosophical beliefs of the Jedi...that there is a lot more to these films than just having an action packed good time in space.

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to ignore most of this, as is evidenced by the fact many can't seem to grasp WHY the Jedi avoid emotional attachments, and like to recast them as some kind of Medieval Knights in shining space armor rather than what they, and the meaning of the Jedi path, are meant to reflect.

Anyway, if people want to think Star Wars is just a space action flick that is fine by me, but ignoring the fact there is a LOT more meaning behind the scenes, and that George Lucas is responsible for all of it, is just being ignorant.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

BrandonSM
02.10.2012 , 05:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Lucas needs someone around him with the authority to prevent him from making these kinds of mistakes. If he'd had full control over ep 4, Star Wars would have been a typical, campy sci-fi movie and would never have been as popular as it became.

He needs someone who can tell him, "no George, Han didn't shoot first, there are no midchlorians, there's no Jar-jar Binks, and Anakin Skywalker is not a snot-nosed brat who you want to see die in an explosion."

Lucas is the perfect example of someone who has a lot of talent but needs an editor.
Hmm.. What is it about Midi-Chlorians that everyone hates?

In The Darth Plageuis book it explains Midi-CHlorians aren't scientic cells of the force. They are representaves of the amount of potential one has in the Force.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

HanzoV
02.10.2012 , 05:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cancrizans View Post
Anyway, if people want to think Star Wars is just a space action flick that is fine by me, but ignoring the fact there is a LOT more meaning behind the scenes, and that George Lucas is responsible for all of it, is just being ignorant.
Actually, thinking that "George Lucas is responsible for all of it" is just as ignorant.

There are plenty of things he changed along the way, thanks to the input from others. If you like the way Darth Vader looks, then Ralph McQuarrie deserves far more credit than Lucas.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

Krazed
02.10.2012 , 06:06 PM | #14
I for one believe Han shot first, had he not he'd of been killed. Come on Greedo was pretty close, hard shot to miss.

Liquidacid
02.10.2012 , 06:10 PM | #15
on a related note.... Alderaan shot first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQyd9tEDhSc
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Krazed
02.10.2012 , 06:18 PM | #16
HAHA! That's the next edit.

Mannic
02.10.2012 , 07:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
HAHA! That's the next edit.
First it will be "Jabba shot first" so that people don't feel like Leia murdered him which, you know, is exactly what she did. Most of us have no problem with it, but considering GL's odd sense of right and wrong, he is probably losing sleep over it now, but can't figure out how to edit it properly to make it clear that Leia only strangled Jabba because she had no other choice!

Seisaan
02.10.2012 , 07:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Hmm.. What is it about Midi-Chlorians that everyone hates?

In The Darth Plageuis book it explains Midi-CHlorians aren't scientic cells of the force. They are representaves of the amount of potential one has in the Force.
Its more to do with the fact it took a book to explain that. The explanation given in Phantom Menace did make it seem like a scientific explanation for the force itself, not just one's strength in it.

wargonglok
02.10.2012 , 07:34 PM | #19
sorry, havent watche dthat movie since saturday,

but i thought greedo originally fired first, but his shot went wide.

Yes i watch at least one star wars movie every saturday
Sniper, 'nough said

bafordham
07.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wargonglok View Post
sorry, havent watche dthat movie since saturday,

but i thought greedo originally fired first, but his shot went wide.

Yes i watch at least one star wars movie every saturday
You are watching a newer version of the movie. You may still be able to find the 2-disc DVD set that contains the original theatrical release.

I have to add that I think Han shooting first did not make him a villain or a cold-blooded killer, it showed that he didn't want to be captured or killed.

He was a smuggler at that point in his life.

Yes I know it's just a movie, but a movie this popular should not be changed so much-especially the oldest films which spawned this game and many other games, movies, TV shows, books, merchandise, etc.

I'm not sure what will happen to Star Wars when George Lucas is no longer here, but I would prefer it if he only made one more change to his next version of Episode IV - take out those frames of Greedo shooting, and just cut to where you see Greedo being shot. Then, Mr. Lucas, you will hear a LOT of your fans being happy in that hurricane that is now film-making.

I think I'm done here...

Move along...