Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Han shot first

Concession
02.10.2012 , 04:33 PM | #1
I Support: SCPS, Sandbox, Community, Elitest Jurks, MMOers.
I HATE: Kotor fanbois, Single player gamers, Carebears, and kids.
CE VIP

XplaguesX
02.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
ewoks needed to blink, and we reeeeeeeally needed a dancing singling alien in jabas palace.
ii▀▀▀▀ii‾↟⊗δ↟{ ███████████████████████████████████████) CE ordered

HanzoV
02.10.2012 , 04:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by XplaguesX View Post
ewoks needed to blink, and we reeeeeeeally needed a dancing singling alien in jabas palace.
Jabba always had dancing aliens, but it was cooler when it was more "alien" and less "cartoony/campy."
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

United_Strafes
02.10.2012 , 04:44 PM | #4
He coulda saved some money and made all the fans happy by spending those resources and adding a 15 min CGI battle scene for Hoth, instead he adds the stupidest ****.

Mannic
02.10.2012 , 04:50 PM | #5
Lucas needs someone around him with the authority to prevent him from making these kinds of mistakes. If he'd had full control over ep 4, Star Wars would have been a typical, campy sci-fi movie and would never have been as popular as it became.

He needs someone who can tell him, "no George, Han didn't shoot first, there are no midchlorians, there's no Jar-jar Binks, and Anakin Skywalker is not a snot-nosed brat who you want to see die in an explosion."

Lucas is the perfect example of someone who has a lot of talent but needs an editor.

Thaliff
02.10.2012 , 04:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Lucas needs someone around him with the authority to prevent him from making these kinds of mistakes. If he'd had full control over the original Trilogy, Star Wars would have been a typical, campy sci-fi movie and would never have been as popular as it became.

He needs someone who can tell him, "no George, Han didn't shoot first, there are no midchlorians, there's no Jar-jar Binks, and Anakin Skywalker is not a snot-nosed brat who you want to see die in an explosion."

Lucas is the perfect example of someone who needs an editor.
Truth, plain and simple.

Mannic
02.10.2012 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaliff View Post
Truth, plain and simple.
The simple fact is that there aren't very many writers, even very famous ones, who aren't subjected to an editing process before their work is published. And this is why. There are very, very few writers who have the ability to fully see the strangths and weaknesses of their own ideas. True wisdom lies in knowing that you don't know everything.

Cancrizans
02.10.2012 , 04:59 PM | #8
"Well, its not a religious event. I hate to tell people that. Its a movie, just a movie."- George Lucas.

Learn it, understand it, and stop crying as if someone stole your blanky.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Zorrah
02.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #9
Well, looking at this quote right here.
Quote:
"The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in 'Episode IV,' what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn't. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down."
Truth be told, Han shooting first doesn't make him a cold blooded killer, it makes him a survivalist. Even assuming Han shot first isn't even dark side points in this case. At this point, he thought he was going to be shot by this bounty hunter OR dragged into see Jaba, both of these would have been the death of him.

HanzoV
02.10.2012 , 05:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorrah View Post
Well, looking at this quote right here.

Truth be told, Han shooting first doesn't make him a cold blooded killer, it makes him a survivalist. Even assuming Han shot first isn't even dark side points in this case. At this point, he thought he was going to be shot by this bounty hunter OR dragged into see Jaba, both of these would have been the death of him.
Agreed. The whole time Greedo is talking to Han, he's got a blaster in his face -- the whole time. As soon as Greedo steps into frame, the blaster is right there. Personally, I see nothing wrong with shooting a guy who has been waving a gun in my face for the past 5 minutes.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.