Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

READ - solution for 'redeem your product code'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
READ - solution for 'redeem your product code'
 

Jenniza's Avatar


Jenniza
12.13.2011 , 06:15 AM | #1
So, just to clarify, if we've already redeemed our pre-order codes, let's say September to November sometime, and that qualified a large number of us to pre-load our guilds to various servers, etc, as well as many of us going the beta-testers route....

Now that there's a large number of us staring at a grayed out box that says "redeem code" and a grayed out box that says "ready to play"....

how does this large group of people get the "ready to play" button to light up? even if it has nothing to do with subscriptions....

there's a large number of us out here without a lit up "play" button on our game screen.

I for one would like some helpful, constructive advice, without any trolling answers calling me an idiot etc. Thank you in advance for your help.

tone-'s Avatar


tone-
12.13.2011 , 09:18 AM | #2
If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!

eviljello's Avatar


eviljello
12.13.2011 , 09:31 AM | #3
The problem is pre-ordering through origin if you look you get a digital rights code that will say its been redeemed but no product code. The purchase will still be under pending on the origins webiste. This is a mix up between origins/bioware of when to release these codes.

Draemock's Avatar


Draemock
12.13.2011 , 09:50 AM | #4
Might I point out one thing that Flaws your first post Tone.....

In order to subscribe or redeem a game time code...You need to input a product registration code...Now I have TRYED my Pre-Order code and all I get is "This code has already been used" So it is either not this code people need....Or its a bug on the registration server....soo telling people they need only subscribe and redeem game time....is counter productive, and causing more confusion.

Footlocker's Avatar


Footlocker
12.13.2011 , 09:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tone- View Post
If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!

I read it as...

...NOT required for "Early Game Access" (December 13-19)...

...However...

...in order to play...on December 20, 2011...

... you must... (now the rest of the steps that are unlit in my game account settings)

Hazlia's Avatar


Hazlia
12.13.2011 , 09:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Draemock View Post
Might I point out one thing that Flaws your first post Tone.....

In order to subscribe or redeem a game time code...You need to input a product registration code...Now I have TRYED my Pre-Order code and all I get is "This code has already been used" So it is either not this code people need....Or its a bug on the registration server....soo telling people they need only subscribe and redeem game time....is counter productive, and causing more confusion.
But the thing is you don't have to enter any code....you just have to wait and later...when you will get your game (probably around the 20th) you will get the code but for now you don't need it.
May the dark side of the force be with you!

tone-'s Avatar


tone-
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazlia View Post
But the thing is you don't have to enter any code....you just have to wait and later...when you will get your game (probably around the 20th) you will get the code but for now you don't need it.
/clap

this guy gets it.

Anthemius's Avatar


Anthemius
12.13.2011 , 09:58 AM | #8
OP is right though. If some people would take two seconds to read and comprehend stickies there would be a lot less useless threads and posts. Maybe not on the OP's original statement, but other stuff for sure.

WQtRiggEr's Avatar


WQtRiggEr
12.13.2011 , 09:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Draemock View Post
Might I point out one thing that Flaws your first post Tone.....

In order to subscribe or redeem a game time code...You need to input a product registration code...Now I have TRYED my Pre-Order code and all I get is "This code has already been used" So it is either not this code people need....Or its a bug on the registration server....soo telling people they need only subscribe and redeem game time....is counter productive, and causing more confusion.

Stop being a bad mouth and go back to the bridge from where you came
The code that you need to redeem in this case is the actual retail game code which will only be given to you on the 16th if you pre-ordered via Origin, otherwise it'll be in your game box - if you're getting the physical copy elsewhere - when it arrives.

For Early Access - which is from now till the official launch on the 20th - you do not have to input any code at all. The steps listed are for official launch, if you read the first sentence in the OP, you'll realise that it is not required for Early Access. Besides you don't even have the code yet! Note that pre-order code is not your actual retail code. If you want to subscribe or redeem a game time code as you mentioned, do so after you get your official retail code!

Also, the fact that you are able to post now means that your pre-order code is redeemed and approved, so you don't have to try and redeem it again.

WQtRiggEr's Avatar


WQtRiggEr
12.13.2011 , 10:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Anthemius View Post
OP is right though. If some people would take two seconds to read and comprehend stickies there would be a lot less useless threads and posts. Maybe not on the OP's original statement, but other stuff for sure.
This. It's amazing how many posts regarding the same issue has been posted when in fact the very first sentence on that page tells you that you are not required to do any of the listed steps below for pre-orders and Early Access..