Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please unsticky Rome-Fu's Resolve guide.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please unsticky Rome-Fu's Resolve guide.

Fdzzaigl
02.10.2012 , 04:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Typheran View Post
Why doesn't a full resolve bar stop CC then?
Accordingto him 1 stunn should filll you up and the second should make you immune after your Cc breaker. it doesn't work.
Resolve does nothing to break stuns on you, it only prevents new ones from applying when the bar is full.

So basically, if your CC break is not up, you'll be taking the full duration of every stun that hits you before the bar fills up.
For example: your bar is 99% full and you take a whirlwind? Too bad: you'll be sitting out the whole duration of that whirlwind even if your bar is white after you've taken it.

This is also one of the main problems imo: resolve is really not helping you if your CC break is unavailable (which is most of the time), it also does not help against roots and slows.

SnakeAes
02.10.2012 , 04:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahhmyface View Post
You're wrong. He's right.
This is correct.

If you have a white resolve bar, knockbacks, mezzes and stuns won't work. Roots and snares will.
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win." - The Art of War

Lord_Karsk
02.10.2012 , 04:38 PM | #13
We all know it's nothing but pure crap and doesnt work.Of course the trolls will try and say that it works.What we should do is just make a long video to show how it doesnt work.
1 hour video of players stun locked with a full resolve bar for 5-15 seconds and is getting killed.And get that video sticky.

pinkfreudHC
02.10.2012 , 04:41 PM | #14
The CC break needs to add like 5 seconds of CC immunity after use.

Ainew
02.10.2012 , 04:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SnakeAes View Post
This is correct.

If you have a white resolve bar, knockbacks, mezzes and stuns won't work. Roots and snares will.

I have actually been stunned with a resolve bar after breaking out of a stun... So this is awkward. Resolve isn't working as it should

Rehash
02.10.2012 , 04:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by pinkfreudHC View Post
The CC break needs to add like 5 seconds of CC immunity after use.
5 seconds is too much. I could see 3 seconds working though, there is A LOT of CC in this game.

I don't find being CC'd to death to be that much of a problem though and I play an undergeared healer (Combat Medic Commando).

PulseXXX
02.10.2012 , 05:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
We all know it's nothing but pure crap and doesnt work.Of course the trolls will try and say that it works.What we should do is just make a long video to show how it doesnt work.
1 hour video of players stun locked with a full resolve bar for 5-15 seconds and is getting killed.And get that video sticky.
Please do, and if it shows someone getting stunned, mezzed, or knockedback with full resolve...I'll be more than willing to agree with your complaint.

Until then, BS.
All warfare is based on deception.

wiazabi
02.10.2012 , 05:20 PM | #18
resolve does seem to suffer from lag issues or something, ofen it just hangs at full bright white while stuns mezz knockbacks can still affect you.

Huttball last firepit, gets stunned in middle use breaker, commando throws his cryo for 2nd stun but im just outside pit, after stun resolve starts ticking, sage runs up knocks me back vanguard pulls me down.

And its not like its uncommon to see this scenario.

Other wird thing is knockback not affecting my character when my resolve is empty.

So my best guess is that the resolve at times show the wrong information, possible lag related.

FourTwent
02.10.2012 , 05:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Typheran View Post
^^ Bump ^^
I love seeing you guys bumping your own thread only 10 minutes after you post them(and no one responds). Like you think your post is SOOOOOO important, how dare it get pushed down the front page of the forums.

Keep begging for attention. It'll work somewhere in life.

Rehash
02.10.2012 , 05:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wiazabi View Post

Other wird thing is knockback not affecting my character when my resolve is empty.
You can resist knockbacks. This can happen regardless of the status of your resolve bar.