Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please unsticky Rome-Fu's Resolve guide.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

Typheran
02.10.2012 , 04:06 PM | #1

After reading and rereaded, and rereading the guide it is obvious that if does not follow the reality of resolve in pvp. Maybe it was written for how resolve is suppose to work, but as of now it is factually incorrect.

Quote:
An experienced player uses his damage mitigation abilities in preperation of an incoming CC. Then, while stunned and taking a beating, he doesn't take as much damage as the enemy is hoping to inflict. Thus the CC wears off and the player resumes his PvP having SAVED his CC breaker.
This part is true. Midigating damage does make you take less damage. It's like he's Nostradamus Oo

Quote:
Now, when the player gets CC'd again, he immediately uses his CC breaker (because two stuns will fill the bar) and gains immunity to all further CC for a good length of time.
^ .. and this part is about as true as ocean front property in nevada. I have been chain stunned over and over and over with not noticeable results from resolve. The bar only seems to drain when I get slowly killed or when the fight is over and I am out of combat. I have went from one fight to another with a full resolve bar only to be immediately CC with full resolve.

Quote:
resolve does not affect snares. So when the resolve bar fills up, one can still snare the player even to the point of zero movement. Furthermore, snaring a player does not increase his resolve bar. So use snares as often as needed without any worry. For those warriors with the ability to cause a 100% snare, remember that it will ALWAYS cause this effect. There is no immunity against it.

This part, while true, is one of the dumbest things about the current resolve system.

So Please unsticky Rome-Fu's guide, or fix resolve to a useable level.

Typheran
02.10.2012 , 04:22 PM | #2
^^ Bump ^^

Ahhmyface
02.10.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3
You're wrong. He's right.
Ahhmyface- 1400 Madness Assassin
[The Bastion][/B]

Moondancerbb
02.10.2012 , 04:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahhmyface View Post
agreed

PulseXXX
02.10.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
I would need to see proof of being stunned, mezzed, or knockbacked with a full resolve bar to believe it. I have never had that happen to me once. I've been rooted with a full resolve bar, which I really hope is fixed in a future patch, but never stunned or mezzed.
All warfare is based on deception.

Typheran
02.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #6
Why doesn't a full resolve bar stop CC then?
Accordingto him 1 stunn should filll you up and the second should make you immune after your Cc breaker. it doesn't work.

Auhfel
02.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Moondancerbb View Post
agreed
He's triply agreed on.

McVade
02.10.2012 , 04:26 PM | #8
Resolve may be useless in its current incarnation, but Rome-Fu's not wrong in explaining how it works.
The Official Unofficial Figurehead Of The December Procrastinators.
Fixed for George Lucas
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
"I'm going to keep paying $15 a month for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

Rehash
02.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #9
Roots and Slows still work with full resolve bar.

Stuns/Knockbacks/Mez etc do not work with a full resolve bar.

Add roots to the bottom list or make them last half duration (when at full resolve) and resolve works great imo.

EDIT: My guess is OP has been chained as such: Stun -> CC breaker -> Stun -> Full Resolve Bar -> Root.

Gaidax
02.10.2012 , 04:29 PM | #10
Confirmed
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"