Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A sorcerer/sage nerf is needed NOW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A sorcerer/sage nerf is needed NOW

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.10.2012 , 04:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
It's not their damage. It's the point that they pretty much break huttball and make it unbearable. Side with the most of them = win, 100% of the time.
On my healing sage me and one other sage used Rescue (our friendly pull) in chains to cap the ball once or twice. We did not queue together and neither of us attempted to coordinate with the other. We just saw the ball carrier and pulled him when we could or were in a good spot.

Our team had 2 sages, their team had 4 sages. They complained at us for stacking sages.

I wut'd. Hardcore.

Teamwork wins, not abilities and not classes.

Tsubodia's Avatar


Tsubodia
02.10.2012 , 04:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by spencerfcp View Post
3.5k is one hit from any class? Must be running into a ton of really weak players, because
that almost never happens to me. And if it does happen, you probably just absorbed one of their strongest abilities which may have been proced, which still gives you a pretty significant advantage in the fight.

I'm not one to ***** about classes being overpowered, I'm perfectly content
with the way my characters compare to every other class. Though I do think
a slight increase to the cool down of the bubble would solve a lot of ************.
it would massivly break the class. People forget bubble is the ONLY defensive cd sorcs/sages have. Light armour does nothing at all vs most classes.

also when facing a sorc you have two options. Blow a bit hit proc into the bubble and waste it.. use something else to break the buble then use the big hit proc to burstthe crap outa the sorc/sage. Iknow which i do when i face them on my alt. I also know what good players do to me when im on my main sorc.

not to mention nearly every class can crit more than 3.5k in one hit.. except.. oh yeh sorcs and sages. derp!

Tsubodia's Avatar


Tsubodia
02.10.2012 , 04:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
On my healing sage me and one other sage used Rescue (our friendly pull) in chains to cap the ball once or twice. We did not queue together and neither of us attempted to coordinate with the other. We just saw the ball carrier and pulled him when we could or were in a good spot.

Our team had 2 sages, their team had 4 sages. They complained at us for stacking sages.

I wut'd. Hardcore.

Teamwork wins, not abilities and not classes.
yeh sages are also so op in huttball that when you pull the ball carrier to you across <obstacle> BH/troopers/shadows/assasins cant totally pull them right back. People seem to forget this a lot.

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.10.2012 , 04:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
yeh sages are also so op in huttball that when you pull the ball carrier to you across <obstacle> BH/troopers/shadows/assasins cant totally pull them right back. People seem to forget this a lot.
They can pull it back, or they can pull ME down in the first place if they're paying attention. Also, my pull is on a 1 minute cooldown, theirs is 20-45 seconds.

Turlinde's Avatar


Turlinde
02.10.2012 , 05:00 PM | #25
Problems with Sorcerers/Sages may depend on your spec. In my old spec, I could not kill one. They would kill me before I could break their bubble sometimes. In my new spec, I have yet to be beat by one 1v1.

Tsubodia's Avatar


Tsubodia
02.10.2012 , 05:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Turlinde View Post
Problems with Sorcerers/Sages may depend on your spec. In my old spec, I could not kill one. They would kill me before I could break their bubble sometimes. In my new spec, I have yet to be beat by one 1v1.
if you cant do 3.5k/5k damage in the time they can do 16k damage.. well that isnt an issue with the spec Sir. Especially considering sorcs/sages lack burst

Tsubodia's Avatar


Tsubodia
02.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
They can pull it back, or they can pull ME down in the first place if they're paying attention. Also, my pull is on a 1 minute cooldown, theirs is 20-45 seconds.
well yeh. but then they dont have a reason to be bad. if they leave you there they get to come to the forums and qq about opness

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.10.2012 , 05:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
well yeh. but then they dont have a reason to be bad. if they leave you there they get to come to the forums and qq about opness
In short, they don't break Huttball, they break Zergball.

CidTrip's Avatar


CidTrip
02.10.2012 , 05:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
They're, by the way.
Their (possessive) is correct. "They're" is they are.

Their shield absorbs 5k. Not "They are shield absorbs 5k".

Bad English Troll is bad.

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.10.2012 , 05:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CidTrip View Post
Their (possessive) is correct. Actually "they're" is they are.

Their shield absorbs 5k. Not "They are shield absorbs 5k".

Bad English Troll is bad.
Troll implies intentionally feigning stupidity to get a reaction.

I think he's just genuinely ignorant.