Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A sorcerer/sage nerf is needed NOW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A sorcerer/sage nerf is needed NOW

JohnSixteen
02.10.2012 , 03:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beetnu View Post
Their shield only protects about 5k damage.
Don't I wish, its closer to like 3k I think. OP to the max!

TemplarOfMayhem
02.10.2012 , 03:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
The class is just crazy. Stupid over powered bubbles, enough crowd control to break matches and win Huttball pretty much by themselves and still end up nearly topping damage charts with close to 100k healing.

It;s got to the point where it's not even worth staying in a match if there isn't at least 3 sorcs there. that screams an op class
SQUAWK SQUAWK
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...bblesareOP.jpg

AntoniusDelitan
02.10.2012 , 03:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TemplarOfMayhem View Post
Dude it's more like 9k srsly
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

Zellata
02.10.2012 , 03:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
U Mad?
A better question would be "why is OP so bad?" lol.

P.S. Bubble absorbs anywhere between 2.5k and 3.5k, depending on willpower.

veyl
02.10.2012 , 03:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by spencerfcp View Post
/sign. Mara and Shadow and I see no issue with them. Save disrupts for heals and you'll be fine. Wish they would increase the cooldown on their bubble, but thats about it.
The bubble that absorbs one hit from any class? Yah. It needs to have an increased CD to save one hit.

Keloran
02.10.2012 , 03:53 PM | #16
No, they're fine. I eat them alive with my powertech, sniper, and juggernaut; focus them down. Interrupt their lightning. The bubble doesn't absorb THAT much damage, and casting it leaves a debuff timeframe which leaves the Sorc/Sage very vulnerable; a good sorc/sage will DOT and LOS and heal up, but without cover and with more than one enemy on your arse, you're done.

The argument comes remains that they have a LOT of CC, which they do; also, a lot of sorcs = a lot of damage and CC, which lends to the misconception that they're overpowered. But how is that any different from having, say, 4 snipers in the group, spamming Ambush, or four mercs spamming tracer missile, or four powertechs spamming rail shot?

They're fun and appealing classes which garner high numbers. We'd be hearing the same arguments about snipers/hunslingers if they were as numerous as sorcs/sages.

Bloodtau
02.10.2012 , 03:54 PM | #17
It's not their damage. It's the point that they pretty much break huttball and make it unbearable. Side with the most of them = win, 100% of the time.

Kerraii
02.10.2012 , 03:55 PM | #18
If I was not a pure heal spec Operative I could easily kill a Sage/Shadow. being a "Pure heal spec" I can get them down about a 3rd life after dropping the bubble. That's about 8k damage being done in say 5 seconds.
Put a dps spec Operative on one and they will not survive. Put a sniper on them and they will not survive. Put a BH on them and they will not survive.

The only issue I have is their Bubble, the speed boost combo to outrun everyone...that said they need that to survive.

Your complaint probably comes from Huttball...where "No rules apply" " Lying, cheating are allowed"

spencerfcp
02.10.2012 , 04:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
The bubble that absorbs one hit from any class? Yah. It needs to have an increased CD to save one hit.

3.5k is one hit from any class? Must be running into a ton of really weak players, because
that almost never happens to me. And if it does happen, you probably just absorbed one of their strongest abilities which may have been proced, which still gives you a pretty significant advantage in the fight.

I'm not one to ***** about classes being overpowered, I'm perfectly content
with the way my characters compare to every other class. Though I do think
a slight increase to the cool down of the bubble would solve a lot of ************.

Lazorous
02.10.2012 , 04:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
It's not their damage. It's the point that they pretty much break huttball and make it unbearable. Side with the most of them = win, 100% of the time.
Even if that were true (and it's not always necessarily true), you want to nerf a class based one ONE SPECIFIC WARZONE?

Are you hearing yourself?