Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Han Solo did NOT shoot first

Listerman
02.11.2012 , 07:07 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Best kill ever in an Indiana film.

*Masked guy swings sword around looking to chop up Indi*

*Indi pulls gun out and shoots him*
According to legend, that scene in question came about because Harrison Ford had a run of the flu and had to take a serious ****, but they wanted to finish the scene. So instead of dragging out a fight scene, he just ad-libbed shooting him before he messed himself.

Or so the legend goes.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

JackSmoke
02.11.2012 , 07:11 AM | #32
I interviewed Harrison Ford aka "Han Solo" a while ago for the premiere of Cowboys vs. Aliens and quite frankly he didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe because of his age right now.

Especialy when you're a fanboy like me.

So meeting him in person and experiencing his grinchy attitude was kind of a shock for me. So in my opinion the "young" Han Solo would've never shot first, while the "old | grumpy" Han Solo would've creamed Guido and robbed him afterwards.

And as a Bonus, here's a rather funny shot of him at the premiere. Behold his grumpyness:

Click Here !
Smoke Legacy - Legacy Level: 37
----
@YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnotoa...s?feature=mhee
Machinima's Gamer of the Week #43

Listerman
02.11.2012 , 07:13 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JackSmoke View Post
I interviewed Harrison Ford aka "Han Solo" a while ago for the premiere of Cowboys vs. Aliens and quite frankly he didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe because of his age right now.

Especialy when you're a fanboy like me.

So meeting him in person and experiencing his grinchy attitude was kind of a shock for me. So in my opinion the "young" Han Solo would've never shot first, while the "old | grumpy" Han Solo would've creamed Guido and robbed him afterwards.

And as a Bonus, here's a rather funny shot of him at the premiere. Behold his grumpyness:

Click Here !
Sheesh, he really has that "I really just wanna go home and watch Matlock" look about him, doesn't he?

Then again, has he EVER looked as though he's enjoyed his work after The Last Crusade?
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Karkais
02.11.2012 , 07:18 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by OutOfSight View Post
Han shot first.
Everyone is mad as hell.
As far as Im concerned, Han shot first and this does not bother me in any way.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

Kraygh
02.11.2012 , 07:20 AM | #35
I saw the original trilogy back in the late 80's on TV when I was around eight or nine, as far as I'm concerned, what I saw then is cannon. Han shot first, and there is no CGI in Star Wars.

Gelich
02.11.2012 , 07:28 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
who gives a ****...honestly.. Why does it bother some..

but wait...some things bother others but not me...oh crap.. Sorry guys..if it bothers you...damm I DONT KNOOWWW
Well, it bothered one guy to make an overhaul of the whole scene in the movie...

Listerman
02.11.2012 , 07:33 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraygh View Post
and there is no CGI in Star Wars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyJP92TiVg <<---No CGI? I suppose this was all fully acted zomewhere in New Zealand.

Malusz
02.11.2012 , 08:12 AM | #38
Greedo supposedly was one of Jabba's top killers. The scene looks completely idiotic with him shooting first, from that close and missing.

Until he changes his mind and comes back to save Luke, Han consistently acts as a greedy outlaw whose prime concerns are his own survival and money. He is selfish and cunning and he'll spare nothing to make sure he comes out alive regardless of consequences.

In the retconned version, besides how awkward having Greedo shoot looks, he's a lucky dude with little wits. He's a much weaker character.

As for George Lucas' opinion about the thing, yeah, stuff it full of midichlorians.
Procrastinate today for a better tomorrow!

Yfelsung
02.11.2012 , 09:17 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I'd say that 10 seconds of one throwaway scene "fundamentally changing his character" more than the entire rest of the 3 movies he's in is totally hyperbolic, but even your post seems to imply it's an overstatement.

It changes him from Chaotic Good-ish to Chaotic Good? That makes no difference to me.
No, it makes him Chaotic Neutral with good leanings.

A Chaotic Good character would never, for example, kill a child. Well, maybe not never, but it would be a HELL of a special circumstance.

Where as a Chaotic Neutral character, even with good leanings, would be more likely to kill a child if, in the end, everyone prospers.

Chaotic Good would steal from the mob.

Chaotic Neutral would steal from the mob and kill any of them that got in the way.

It's subtle, but it's important.
MHORDSUNG SOULGRINDER, LEGATUS OF PHOBOS LEGION

At the end of days the dragon stands tall and with limitless rage it illuminates all.

tausra
02.11.2012 , 09:26 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by llesna View Post
~snip~
The original negatives were destroyed when he decided to alter them for the big re-release in the 90's. He purposely destroyed the negatives so that the original films could never be re-released, leaving only his edited versions as the ones available to be bought.
"Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire, open to all who long for conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow their passions." -Emperor Malgus