Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone else only playing Huttball?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is anyone else only playing Huttball?

kristoffbrujah
02.10.2012 , 02:50 PM | #1
Wanna guess how many times I've played Huttball?

Every time. I have never gotten anything other than Huttball.

I doesn't help that I actually don't like Huttball. Either your team is organized and destroys the other team, or your team isn't and gets destroyed. You're a team who doesn't know each other vs. a premade on vent, forget it automatic 0-5 or worse. There is rarely any in between because it's so strategic. So I just go out to do as much dps/healing as possible before my team is destroyed if we're already down 0-2 in 2 minutes.

My server is ridiculously imbalanced for level 50 toons toward Imperial, it must be 10-1 because I can only play Huttball.

I would roll Republic on this server but what's the point when the Republic Fleet never gets over 40 people.

KretanMelithorn
02.10.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2
Roll Republic.

ferroz
02.10.2012 , 02:52 PM | #3
The republic on my server gets to play it a fair bit; the imperials there aren't interested in pvping unless they have a 2:1 advantage or better.

kristoffbrujah
02.10.2012 , 02:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KretanMelithorn View Post
Roll Republic.
I would love to but there is no one on the Republic on this server.

And yeah I realize the irony but that's grinding from 1 to 50 basically by myself.

At this point there needs to be some relaxation in the rules so that warzones other than Huttball can use Imperials on both sides. It's funneling everyone to Huttball 24-7.

Mikkeos
02.10.2012 , 02:55 PM | #5
You must be the only person on the server who does not enjoy Huttball.

1700000 people paying for their subscriptions, just not on your server.
Q: So, is there anything at all in the game that mitigates falling damage?
A: elevators

Zeel_Aldair
02.10.2012 , 02:59 PM | #6
Well, if you'd be playing by yourself on the Republic side of your server anyway - why not just make a Republic character on a different server with a better Republic population? But I know what you mean - I'd hate to think of having to level 1-50 again. Mind you I started off as Republic, so phew.

In the big patch in... I think March, they're adding a new warzone that can be played same faction vs same faction, so at least you'll then get a choice of two. Otherwise, and until then, the only advice is either play Huttball forever, roll Republic, or stop doing warzones. :|

Orisai
02.10.2012 , 03:02 PM | #7
I love Huttball on my Sniper, but I would like to play in any other of the 3 warzones. This game seriously need Xserver PvP if we imperials want to play anything else than Huttball against other imperials.
LEGION ORISAI DYNAMICS

Latin American Imperial PvE Guild

kristoffbrujah
02.10.2012 , 03:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeel_Aldair View Post
Well, if you'd be playing by yourself on the Republic side of your server anyway - why not just make a Republic character on a different server with a better Republic population? But I know what you mean - I'd hate to think of having to level 1-50 again. Mind you I started off as Republic, so phew.

In the big patch in... I think March, they're adding a new warzone that can be played same faction vs same faction, so at least you'll then get a choice of two. Otherwise, and until then, the only advice is either play Huttball forever, roll Republic, or stop doing warzones. :|
I actually did. Boy is it tough leveling to 50 again with another toon just because a server is imbalanced and transfers aren't available.

Apache
02.10.2012 , 03:05 PM | #9
I feel your pain. Constant Huttball is no fun. Especially since I dont even like the WZ anyway.

Im a PvPer and like to participate in Warzones but I shelved my lvl 50 BH and rolled Repub on the same server simply because I cant stand Huttball.

I now participate in WZ's everyday for my daily PvP quest with my now level 20 Jedi Knight and my PvP life is much better.

I still get Huttball quite a bit, but it isnt nearly as often.

Wich makes me a much happier camper

gtmach
02.10.2012 , 03:05 PM | #10
I LOVE Huttball.

Favorite pvp mode of the game and all MMOs.

Once we get the option to que specifically for it, that's all I'll be doing.

I like it because for once it's about being mobile and smart. The other warzones are just about prioritizing and diverting people, but in Huttball, the battles moves with the ball.

If you're wise with your passing it can really be fun.

Plus if you lose it's not like you're dying every 2 sec like in the other warzones. Losing in Voidstar is the worst. You spawn and head down and bam it's 5v1. Alderaan is ok.

I just find myself enjoying Huttball too much, win or lose.