Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, my boss just pulled me aside...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So, my boss just pulled me aside...

qsaimik
02.10.2012 , 01:28 PM | #11
4. I hate PUGs. Every time I queue up in a PUG I get gang *****!

Walex
02.10.2012 , 01:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Delavager View Post
On that note, I was in ilum last night and the message came across my screen:

"Imperial Agent George'w'bush was seen in Central Assault" Or whatever the full ilum message is.

I am a jedi shadow (but close enough to assassin) and killed him.

So basically what you said happened, cept w/ Gee Dubya.
You SEAL Team Six'd him!
"I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Thuull
02.10.2012 , 01:29 PM | #13
5. "Holiday is HOT. I mean, for a holocron...but DAYUM that little half shirt she wears...no wonder Theran is whipped."

qsaimik
02.10.2012 , 01:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by qsaimik View Post
4. I hate PUGs. Every time I queue up in a PUG I get gang *****!
or better yet...

- my guild and I had a blast *** ****** PUGS all night!

Aroidan
02.10.2012 , 01:42 PM | #15
Yeah I imagine that it was more than she just didn't understand what you guys were talking about. Throw words like Rap, Kill, Burn into a sentence where someone doesn't understand the context and yeah I can see where she is coming from. Especially in this day and age where the media has people so hyped up that everyone is going to pull them into a bathroom stall and start a chain on them lol

iLLaDeLpHLife
02.10.2012 , 01:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
When you said she thought it sounded REALLY BAD, it was because of how horrible the pvp sounded in swtor
Wamp Wamp Wamp fail

Lol at the op im lolin at work .

ombraa
02.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Delavager View Post
"Imperial Agent George'w'bush"
This made me LOL

Sourceerror
02.10.2012 , 01:49 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
...and said asked "What the hell are you guys talking about in the break room?". I said "Yeah, we're just talking about pvp in the warzones, no biggy". He gave me the whole "What the hell is that?" look.

Apparently some chick from accounting (who share the floor with us) overheard us, and went to my boss with it. She evidently said something to the effect of "I'm really kind of worried...I don't know what they were talking about, but it sounded REALLY BAD..."

And it got me to thinking...see, a buddy and I at work queue up regularly together for WZs, and then chat about it the next day at work, usually in the break room while getting coffee. People we don't usually work with come and go from there all the time...I can only imagine what must go on in their heads. They've got to be thinking "Is that even English?"

Think about some of the mundane things you'd say to someone else who knows the game...

1. "Yeah, guard rocks. Like last night when that Op jumped you at left turret, I swapped guard to you and taunted the hell out of him and we just roflstomped him while laughing about it."

2. "Dude, did you know that an AE that nicks the tank will completely disregard his taunt on you?"

3. "And then this chick runs up spamming lightning. I force waved her off the platform, dropped her with a spinning kick then circle strafed her, interrupting her when needed...just burned her down. Was great!"

Overhearing *any* of those conversations, people would think you are completely insane.
What makes me laugh is that you say roflstomp out loud.

Thuull
02.10.2012 , 01:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sourceerror View Post
What makes me laugh is that you say roflstomp out loud.
LOL...we DO. That actually entered our vocal lexicon back during the Shadowbane days. He and I have been gaming together for years.

-Shadowfist-
02.10.2012 , 01:51 PM | #20
I have the same situation at work.. except there's no way in hell I'd ever get fired, and I play with several people here, so everyone else knows what we're talking about and rolls their eyes at us. :P
There is no peace, there is anger
There is no fear, there is power
There is no death, there is immortality
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.