Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just Cancelled, Here's Why

Holly_MF
02.10.2012 , 04:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
Do you think that people couldn't code in 2004? Or perhaps back then errors were not prioritized or something? Have you ever programmed anything in your life outside of a remote? Sorry, but comparing whether bugs exist or not has no relevance on 8 years ago. Game mechanics changed over the years, design has changed, but the ability to not be perfect has not changed.
I have, I also have experience in testing it.

I'm just pointing out that there are companies out there that have done it right.

1.) They respond to the community
2.) They identify the bugs, and fix them.
3.) They fess up when they mess up.
4.) Aim to decrease bugs.
5.) Provide great customer service.

It doesn't matter if it's 2004 or 2012 for those things, but the fact of the matter is, Bioware is not doing a good job with any of these areas.

KingFink
02.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Holly_MF View Post
I have, I also have experience in testing it.

I'm just pointing out that there are companies out there that have done it right.

1.) They respond to the community
2.) They identify the bugs, and fix them.
3.) They fess up when they mess up.
4.) Aim to decrease bugs.
5.) Provide great customer service.

It doesn't matter if it's 2004 or 2012 for those things, but the fact of the matter is, Bioware is not doing a good job with any of these areas.
Hmm, I guess I don't have blinders on. I see a very active developer team responding to threads on the forums and the community manager taking time out of his day to answer things on twitter. I see a lot of transparency in the fact that they are trying to fix both PVP and PVE bugs and glitches.

I guess if you don't read anything that Bioware puts up then you come somehow come to conclusion that they don't aim to decrease bugs, when they explicitly state such.

Two months into street release of the game and people want perfection. Perfection is a goal that is achieved through time. If you're impatient, that is your problem. Bioware is fixing bugs and working on this game all the time.

It doesn't matter if its 2004 or 2012, there will always be a bunch of whiney little children on the forums telling the company that they are terrible for perceived slights.

Niccali
02.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #23
This is what happens when that darn sense of entitlement tells people that if the game is not perfect at launch, its not good enough for them..

Not sure if its unreaistic expectations, entitlement issues or bad luck, but if there's no patience to let the game dev's sort out whats wrong then like another poster said earlier:

"One less pessimistic player ". Indeed.

It's also maybe 5 or 10 less whiny posts about ignored pleas to CS for help that Bioware CS have to wade through on their way to getting to the real problems that this game has for some people.

Deviantsoul
02.10.2012 , 04:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Holly_MF View Post
Compare it to Rift's launch, not some game that came out in 2004.

This is also 2 months in to launch and the end game content bugs are getting worse than our first time raiding a month and a half ago.
You do realize that Rift is nothing more than WoW 2.0 right? And that many of the devs had experience working at Blizzard prior to going to Trion? Or that almost every single one of their game concepts was ripped, borrowed, or stolen from some other MMO and that nothing in the game was orginal? I played it. Was fun for a month.

Trolltar
02.10.2012 , 04:51 PM | #25
He really hasn't posted again.
How often does that happen?
Merkavah:MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Baconmonster
02.10.2012 , 04:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DinnerYeti View Post
Ya'll are acting like this is your first launch experience of an MMO.......this game is FAAAAAAAR more stable/playable/bug free than WoW was when it was released. problems raiding? LOL that game invented end game headaches due to "bad coding". Sure, its kind of rocky right now, but give them time to sort it out. It was at least 6 months before WoW started improving....and even then it was a long road. The forums were filled with the same BS as this...and even after each expansion it was more of the same...."geez blizz at least test your code bla bla bla".....its getting old people....STOOFOO
So 8 years plus of experience in the MMO field and the coders have learned little to nothing about coding for it? You can't compare this launch to WoW, you can never compare this launch to WoW. You know why? Before WoW there was little to no experienced individuals coding for MMOs, little to no knowledge of how to properly handle bugs in MMOs, and a long list of other issues that had very little exposure if any. There are no excuses for a lot of problems that this game currently has if they are properly using PTSs (Player Test Servers). Sure WoW's release took 6 months to stabilize. WoW was also one of the first big name MMOs ever. Not THE first mind you, but it was in the childhood of MMOs that WoW came into being.

This game doesn't have 6 months, if it takes them 6 months to get this game going smoothly this game won't have the player base to sustain itself. There are too many better alternatives for this game to not be stabilizing, 1.2 the patch in March (I believe it was planned for march) will make or break this game for me. If they fail to deliver in that patch I wouldn't be shocked to see a good portion of the player base bail. These next two months are very, very important ones for this game, I will go and make the bold claim of saying patch 1.2 will be the most important patch in Bioware's history and in SWTOR's history.

mousestalker
02.10.2012 , 05:08 PM | #27
OP: Can I have your stuff?

Good luck with your online adventures in the future. I hope you enjoy whatever game you play next.
May the mass x acceleration be with you.

Xarcy
02.10.2012 , 05:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviantsoul View Post
You do realize that Rift is nothing more than WoW 2.0 right? And that many of the devs had experience working at Blizzard prior to going to Trion? Or that almost every single one of their game concepts was ripped, borrowed, or stolen from some other MMO and that nothing in the game was orginal? I played it. Was fun for a month.
Don't kid yourself. Your statement applies equally to The Old Republic. There is very little that is new and different in this game.

The game has major faults and the fact it is new is no defence. Alot of the problems people are experiencing should not have made it into the release version.

Niccali
02.10.2012 , 05:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Xarcy View Post
The game has major faults and the fact it is new is no defence. Alot of the problems people are experiencing should not have made it into the release version.
At what point should it be determined that a game is "ready" for a public launch?

Bugs are found all the time, months and sometimes even years later, so using your logic, the game shouldnt be out now because the game needs to fix itself to a state of perfection before launch.....correct?

I ask again, at what point should any MMO be in to release?

Nicejoke
02.10.2012 , 05:18 PM | #30
Cry me a River... seriously guys are there any people that actually use their brains!?
Community got so annoying now, its just that you people dont have patience! Have fun with what ye are doin but remember... there will never be mmo game out there that will be PERFECT after 1st or 2nd month, not even after 20 years.