Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just Cancelled, Here's Why

RaulTheConquerer
02.10.2012 , 02:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by awesomekiddo View Post
The game has only been out roughly two months... I think it's a bit unfair for you to make this argument in ways where it only attacks this game but not previous games with bugs in the first four months. I'm hating the bugs just as much as you are, but to say that the development team isn't doing their job is erroneous. I just don't think you know the massiveness of this game. The game is just to enormous to fix bugs all in one setting. They're ultimately humans and make mistakes, as do you. Some bugs that look "easy" to fix are certainly not easy to fix at all, and are tedious as well as time consuming. Hate to see a fellow player go because of this.
Sorry. I don't think "its only been out for two months"justifies some of these critical bugs/glitches that exist. Much of the core game functionality has not worked. And some still doesn't. While i do think there are enough redeeming qualities to continue playing for now, i cannot disagree with anyone who criticizes the sheer amount of flaws endemic to design or wrong code.

Meithar
02.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eileithia View Post
Bugs are one thing, but when you CANT finish encounters because of bugs it's a completely different story. There needs to be some sort of support system in place for these issues. Either a reset, or better yet a GM system where they can, for example, spawn missing platforms, open locked doors that bug out. Realize you had the boss down but couldn't complete due to immunity and spawn a chest for you.

The ones that bother me the most are:
  • Bosses go invulnerable, and shield NEVER drops (Directve 7 anyone?)
  • Inturruptible abilities not being interrupted when you cast
  • Random trash disappears but still hits you
  • Progression blocked due to a bug, or missing spawn (Platforms not spawning, doors not opening, respawning past certain points you need for updates on a death and can't get back)

I don't mind dieing and paying for death when it's the mechanics that beat you, or you simply don't understand the fight. I do however very much dislike paying for deaths due to unavoidable unfixable bugs and in some cases losing out on items, and not being able to finish quests/progress because of them. I've spent more credits than I can count on repairs due to bad code not bad gameplay.
This here is my main gripe with the game and one I planned to voice if I get selected to attend the guild leader summit .... the game needs in game GM's that can respond within 15 - 30 mins of a support ticket being placed (if it is something like boss not spawning, or loot bugging out, etc). There are too many instances going around of simple problems a GM could fix being shuffled to the automated droid response system four days after the fact with "We got your report and forwarding it to blah blah" then having the ticket closed unresolved. That drives subs away.

You want to know a game that does this perfectly? Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. As much trouble as that game has gone through during its lifespan, it has by far the best CS and GM team in the MMO industry.

Strah
02.10.2012 , 02:22 PM | #13
Won't miss you, bye.

Fomorii
02.10.2012 , 02:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KoolerZero View Post
So if your never coming back why can't I have your stuff?

Also you have to have patience with MMOs , eveything isn't going to work exactly as it's suppose to in the first few months.
or in the months after that's just MMOs for ya. There will always be something wrong.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◥══╪═╪══◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Squad 11-11-11 *Partially Forgotten Already* Goodbye sweet .

DinnerYeti
02.10.2012 , 02:23 PM | #15
Ya'll are acting like this is your first launch experience of an MMO.......this game is FAAAAAAAR more stable/playable/bug free than WoW was when it was released. problems raiding? LOL that game invented end game headaches due to "bad coding". Sure, its kind of rocky right now, but give them time to sort it out. It was at least 6 months before WoW started improving....and even then it was a long road. The forums were filled with the same BS as this...and even after each expansion it was more of the same...."geez blizz at least test your code bla bla bla".....its getting old people....STOOFOO
Intel i7 EE 980x CPU @ 3.33ghz (6 core w/ HT). 2 x GTX 570 in SLI. 12GB Corsair DDR3 RAM. 120GB Intel SSD. Asus Rampage III Mobo. FiOS 35MB Upload and Download speed. No Lag Anywhere.

LTXGroundzero
02.10.2012 , 02:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Side note, to turn this into a constructive post...can we get a forum script that detects "cancelling my sub" in an OP and deletes the thread automagically?
Automagically. I like that word.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. I am all things, and yet I am nothing. In the end I belong to neither the light nor the darkness. I will forever stand alone."
--The Force shall set me free.--

Frostbyt
02.10.2012 , 02:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DREGSZ View Post
Never before in an MMO have I felt it necessary to make a "I'm cancelling" post, but SWTOR has inspired me. Also, no you cannot "has your stuff" and yes, after this post I will just leave and no longer concern myself with these forums.

My feedback on the account cancellation screen:
But can I haz your credits?

Seydis
02.10.2012 , 02:37 PM | #18
Don't Care, Here's Why...

Server: Ebon Hawk
Seydis - LVL55 Sorcerer (DPS)

Holly_MF
02.10.2012 , 02:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DinnerYeti View Post
Ya'll are acting like this is your first launch experience of an MMO.......this game is FAAAAAAAR more stable/playable/bug free than WoW was when it was released. problems raiding? LOL that game invented end game headaches due to "bad coding". Sure, its kind of rocky right now, but give them time to sort it out. It was at least 6 months before WoW started improving....and even then it was a long road. The forums were filled with the same BS as this...and even after each expansion it was more of the same...."geez blizz at least test your code bla bla bla".....its getting old people....STOOFOO
Compare it to Rift's launch, not some game that came out in 2004.

This is also 2 months in to launch and the end game content bugs are getting worse than our first time raiding a month and a half ago.

bazutti
02.10.2012 , 03:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Holly_MF View Post
Compare it to Rift's launch, not some game that came out in 2004.

This is also 2 months in to launch and the end game content bugs are getting worse than our first time raiding a month and a half ago.
Do you think that people couldn't code in 2004? Or perhaps back then errors were not prioritized or something? Have you ever programmed anything in your life outside of a remote? Sorry, but comparing whether bugs exist or not has no relevance on 8 years ago. Game mechanics changed over the years, design has changed, but the ability to not be perfect has not changed.