Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to view/compare companion gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How to view/compare companion gear?

SoNofHuD
12.15.2011 , 03:01 PM | #1
Trying to figure out if its possible to view and compare companion gear easily when inspecting an item (similar to how it is done with your main character) and a comparison window opens. I checked all the key binding and I'm not seeing it?
== wHo-DAT Kardashian ==
<PACE>

Sirwhiteknight
12.15.2011 , 03:11 PM | #2
I seem to recall reading in another thread that there is an option in the menu (perhaps in the UI options?) that allowed you the game to do exactly what you describe, open a companion window next to your main character window that shows the stat gains/losses from changing equipment.

It'd be great if someone could confirm/deny this though - I didn't know about it in beta and I haven't got my companion yet now that I'm in early access.

Thanks!

Orbet
12.15.2011 , 03:15 PM | #3
Haven't received my EGA yet, but was in Beta. Yes, there is an option that allows for comparison. It shows the item and the potential change in stats, for you and your active companion.

I can't remember where it is exactly since I'm not in yet, but it's there for certain.

Sirwhiteknight
12.15.2011 , 03:18 PM | #4
Thanks, that's good enough for me!

I'll go and cruise the preferences tonight haha. I'm glad that's in there, it was such a pain trying to outfit my companion without it :S

Wapner
12.15.2011 , 03:18 PM | #5
There is an option in the menu. I saw it last night when I was playing. It's called something like "Compare Companion Gear". It's on one of the top few tabs in the preferences menu.