Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rule of two question

Riotus
02.10.2012 , 01:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasputaan View Post
The Rule of Two is bogus. At the exact time when Yoda proclaimed it there were at least 3 running around (Maul, Dooku, Sidious). 4 if you count the Cyborg Grevious who also said he was taught by Dooku.

There is no Rule of Two
you obviously have little knowledge of the lore of SW.

In Ep. 1 Count Dooku was still a Jedi.

Toonimator
02.10.2012 , 01:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
what?!

also I was wondering who are the characters that surround Palpatine once he reveals his true nature? there's like 2-3 people that are always with him in the senate etc, are they sith too?
He's right, Maul lives... while I'm looking forward to seeing how they work that out in TCW at the end of this season, I keep forgetting that it's now canon that he survives. My mistake!

He lives, but as a "Sith Apprentice" he's out. He's done. He's no longer part of the Rule of Two.

I haven't read the Plagueis book yet, so all that info is new to me... but it still remains that the only Sith are those called 'Darth' during the time of the movies. Mara Jade, Tol Skorr, Asajj Ventress, Starkiller, Sora Bulq, Grievous, etc... NONE of them are Sith. They're allied with the Sith at various points, they may even consider themselves Sith, but by that time all major Sith (aside from Lost Tribe and Vergere I suppose, maybe a couple other odd cases) were Darths, and there were never more than two active (post-TPM Maul doesn't count). Being a Darth meant you were an official Sith Lord. Everyone else was just an expendable tool.

So, in Plagueis, it says that Palpatine kills Plagueis the SAME DAY as the Battle of Naboo?! That's...odd.

Riotus
02.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #13
To answer OPs point:

Darth Bane created the rule of two to make the sith stronger. The sith were weak in that they were constantly at each others throats, killing each other off. By killing all other sith with a force bomb there was only Darth Bane and his apprentice (her name escapes me)

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
―Darth Bane

The point of the rule of two was that with each succession from apprentice to master the sith would grow stronger and eventually defeat the Jedi, which they did through Sidious. I belive that Bane even had a premonition of a Sith rising and defeating the Jedi.

gtmach
02.10.2012 , 02:55 PM | #14
If the apprentice fails and dies then the master will find another.