Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please reconsider and take a tough as nails stance on WZ afkers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please reconsider and take a tough as nails stance on WZ afkers...

FadeXF
02.10.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1
Anyone who played WOW battlegrounds saw just how rampant and destructive AFK and active AFKers are to the game. Loading into a game with 50% or sometimes more of your own team AFK is not only disheartening... its disgusting... its needless... and its 100% preventable.

I don't understand why the industry norm seems to have swayed into the favor of those who wish to disrupt and harass others' play times. I don't get it. If a player doesn't actually want to play the game... help them out: give them a warning, then ban their account. They don't want to play the game anyways. And if they do, then they will buy another box... and play again maybe thinking twice this time about AFKing or active AFKing.

In SWTOR, the grouping is even more key here that even 1 AFK has massive consequences to your game. 8 players on the team only.

I am not a developer or programmer... but some basic prevention would be to have a 30 second timer where if someone is inactive, they drop from the game... if someone remains in game just jumping in 1 spot, that is where the problem would be... warning then ban next time.

It's time guys. This is your chance to be at the MMO forefront and protect your players... not the jerks. I don't care the excuses. I don't. We've all heard them a million times over. No more excuses. It's simple: either you want to play that WZ, or you don't. No excuses... no talking... nothing. Just do it.

I'm telling you right now... I won't have it. I will not be playing this game if an entire facet of the game is yoinked out from under my feet like in WOW. If WZ is completely destroyed due to even just 1 AFK in the game? I'm dibs out. I'm too old to worry about BS like this in a GAME I am playing... too old to get stressed out by some mental midget who wishes to destroy something good for everyone else for whatever selfish reasons they have... and I'm too smart to continue paying into something that I can plainly see isn't taking any kind of stance against it.

Don't think we're dumb... don't think we haven't added players to our friends lists... or don't talk to each other and find out whats happening and whats what.... don't think you can quietly shuffle this topic under the rugs. Do the right thing: take a stance for your players.

BAN AFKERS/ACTIVE AFKERS whatever their excuses are.

Wotch
02.10.2012 , 10:25 AM | #2
They just need to implement a Report AFK button for warzones where if a player reports you, you have 45 seconds to click a button and begin moving before getting booted.

Keta
02.10.2012 , 10:28 AM | #3
AFK'ing in a WZ is also a technique some people are using when their characters are seriously stuck (/stuck, quicktravel, fleet pass all don't work) as for some it'll move them back to fleet. Of course if there was real in game csr's dealing with that issue, they'd not have to try that.

FadeXF
02.10.2012 , 10:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wotch View Post
They just need to implement a Report AFK button for warzones where if a player reports you, you have 45 seconds to click a button and begin moving before getting booted.
I think its more than that because there's still issues with active AFKers unfortunately. But that is a nice step for those who just move their toon then walk away from the computer.

Bullwrath
02.10.2012 , 10:29 AM | #5
I agree with the OP.

I don't care how it's implemented, but find them and punish them severely.

Kourage
02.10.2012 , 10:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
AFK'ing in a WZ is also a technique some people are using when their characters are seriously stuck (/stuck, quicktravel, fleet pass all don't work) as for some it'll move them back to fleet. Of course if there was real in game csr's dealing with that issue, they'd not have to try that.
Well shame on you....

I opened a ticket to report my character stuck and within 3 minutes I was contacted. My computer locked up while waiting on him to do something and I had to open another ticket. Within 1 minute, another rep contacted me. Stop spewing ignorance.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

CogitoErgo
02.10.2012 , 10:45 AM | #7
I'll agree to this if they also add a "Forfeit Warzone" option and you people agree to use it.

When we're down 4-0 in Huttball either you guys let them score two or I'm gonna go afk for 5 minutes.

Chaosmagistrate
02.10.2012 , 10:51 AM | #8
So don't defend the point...got it.

On the plus side, both sides will have to give up defending the point, so Voidstars will be incredibly quick, and Alderaans very long.

*Disclaimer: I don't condone AFKing, but 30s of inactivity...I can take like 30s to walk from one point to another point in stealth(Alderaan and Huttball)
"This is an innovative MMO, if you want your quests to count, if you want to abandon quests, if you want to force leap a force speed sorceror and not get "Out of Range" messages, go back to 2004. "

Brickabrack
02.10.2012 , 10:53 AM | #9
30 seconds? Bans? LOL too extreme. Way too harsh.

Personally I think a 2 minute timer (which starts when idle) that auto kicks from the WZ and no credit for participating (possibly a small minus on commendations/valor) is fine. Possibly also something that looks at activity and if at the end of the match the person matches the pattern of an AFKer (easy to see in # of kills/deaths/damage/heals objective points etc) then award no valor/exp/commendatins and so on, and possibly even penalize in the form of small amounts of negative valor.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011

Dayfax
02.10.2012 , 10:58 AM | #10
I agree in spirit .. the details are always a witch to work out though.

One thing you're overlooking: the AFKers, griefers, and jerks are all paying $15 a month too. So there's a conflict of interest on BW's side.
"Sounds like you could use a soldier."