Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Poll] What UI improvements are the most important to you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Poll] What UI improvements are the most important to you?

recsa
02.10.2012 , 03:50 AM | #1
With the incoming changes to UI (thx BW) i have think on setting up this poll, please keep it constructive, its a multi-choice poll, but do not tick every single choice or it will be totally useless.

You can vote here

If choosing the "Other" option, please post what would you add/improve

So far:

Spoiler
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

recsa
02.10.2012 , 04:08 AM | #2
Also if you vote and want to keep ppl voting, pls toss a reply here and there so the poll doesnt fall into oblivion.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Englisheart
02.10.2012 , 04:25 AM | #3
voted....would have been good to have an option to vote against some things for balance
Just because I dont care it dosnt mean I dont understand

Karkais
02.10.2012 , 04:30 AM | #4
I would like most the global cooldown redesigned so it doesnt obscure normal cooldown.

The second thing is a combat log.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

maxbaby
02.10.2012 , 04:31 AM | #5
Good poll. Will help things moving.

Zyanzor
02.10.2012 , 04:32 AM | #6
Combat log and Macros. I don't need third party easy mode add-ons. DeadlyBossMod might be nice but still un-needed. Grid or Healbot is not needed. Combat Scrolling might be nice but still not needed. Even the combat log is useless IMO.

fleabaag
02.10.2012 , 04:33 AM | #7
I've said this a few times already and i will never get tired of saying it.

Its 2012 we have a long history of MMo's and their UI's , the standard UI elements and all its details has been invented,accepted and approved by millions of gamers years ago.

You don't have to think or improvise on the standard features that are blatantly missing from swtor, the wheel is round and not hexagonal.
Furthmore since everyone is different custom UI's and mods are the default improvement over this basic UI, end of story.

Fentz
02.10.2012 , 04:35 AM | #8
the most important one is addons so we can choose which UI we wanna use, bam, I won this thread (if anyone said it before they copied me)

recsa
02.10.2012 , 04:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by fleabaag View Post
I've said this a few times already and i will never get tired of saying it.

Its 2012 we have a long history of MMo's and their UI's , the standard UI elements and all its details has been invented,accepted and approved by millions of gamers years ago.

You don't have to think or improvise on the standard features that are blatantly missing from swtor, the wheel is round and not hexagonal.
Furthmore since everyone is different custom UI's and mods are the default improvement over this basic UI, end of story.
100% agree, but then you stomp with reality, BW took a diferent path and from their words, seems that opening API for 3ed party is very very very low on its priorities, so we need them to put basic stuff in the UI asap (macros, reposition, resize, combat log ...)

fleabaag
02.10.2012 , 04:43 AM | #10
One can still hope and when the hope is gone so will he