Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best pvp class/spec?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best pvp class/spec?

Khronicz
02.10.2012 , 01:40 AM | #1
Havn't rolled anything yet, peoples opinions on best pvp class/spec go!

E_c_c_e
02.10.2012 , 01:47 AM | #2
btt:

All classes / speccs have something going for them...some may be easier to handle than others but bottom line is : play what you like

Besides there are many people playing the game - aware of its problems - and greatly enjoying the ride...

There is no "best specc" really...of course Marauder / Sentinel with gear and skill are devastating, of course Sorc / Sage hybrid speccs do insane amounts of dmg since they have AoE spells that may hit 3 or more people at the same time, of course Mercenaries can be devastating with their proccs and armor debuffs etc. etc. etc...

Play what you like best, be it a ranged dd, healer , tank or whatnot...if played correctly they can all fulfill important roles in both PvP and PvE (obviously ^^)

cheers
I can resist anything but temptation - Oscar Wilde

Norr
02.10.2012 , 01:49 AM | #3
If you have to ask which class is the best then it doesn't matter, you never will be.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of your opponent's fate.

Elaithe
02.10.2012 , 01:53 AM | #4
This is one of the best PvP MMOs ever made and has the potential to be the best forever. Haters gonna hate. There really is no BEST PvP class/spec simply because the game is so balanced every class bring something unique and valuable to the table.

Khronicz
02.10.2012 , 01:55 AM | #5
Alright thanks to the dude that actually gave advice, everyone else smd. I'm out.

Kyrandis
02.10.2012 , 01:55 AM | #6
Well I wouldn't listen to him tbh.

What archetype do you like to play (DPS(Ranged or Melee), Support, or Tanking)

Do you like mages? Sage/Sorc
Do you like Priests? Sage/Sorc
Do you like Arms Warriors? Juggernaut/Guardian
Do you like Fury Warriors? Marauder/Sentinel (I wouldn't recommend this class though)
Do you like Feral Druids? Operative/Scoundrel
Do you like Rogues? Assassins/Shadow

The rest are in a class of their own tbh. Commando/Merc Bounty Hunter is like a ranged paladin/shaman hybrid.
Snipers are like hunters without all the kiting tools, and more immobile.
Vanguards/Powertech have mechanics of several classes.

Most powerful atm, I'd say Vanguards, Commando's, and Sages. But every class is powerful if played correctly. Even Sentinels. And bioware is on the balancing trail.

Also resolve is very different from Diminishing returns, I encourage you to read and understand when to use it to your advantage. You don't want to waste your CC break. This game is very unforgiving if you make piss poor decisions.

Edit: If you decide on melee, Understand that positioning is half the fight for them.
Rock and Paper are fine, nerf scissors.
- Paper

Gravestrike
02.10.2012 , 01:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post

Most powerful atm, I'd say Vanguards, Commando's, and Sages.
I dunno.. I think good players with good gear can rock any AC. I've seen some pretty awesome operatives and marauders that wreck face.
T A I N T
Proud members of the gaymer community, for casual to hard-core gaymers. We welcome new 18+ friends! http://www.swtor.com/guilds/13584/taint
For our official Republic counterpart, please see Rough Trade.

Kyrandis
02.10.2012 , 01:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gravestrike View Post
I dunno.. I think good players with good gear can rock any AC. I've seen some pretty awesome operatives and marauders that wreck face.
I edited my post I do agree with you on that.
Rock and Paper are fine, nerf scissors.
- Paper

Aidank
02.10.2012 , 02:00 AM | #9
It seems like you're looking for a class you're going to do well on without putting much effort into, it sounds like you want a sorcerer or a mercenary. You can do very well on both of them right off the bat and it's downright difficult to do badly on them.

Other classes can do as well as the two mentioned above, but it takes a whole lot more effort, and seeing as you prefer people to tell you which class to roll rather than going out and trying the classes yourself I'm going to go ahead and guess that isn't what you're looking for.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Khronicz
02.10.2012 , 02:00 AM | #10
Thanks kyrandis that helps alot lol vanilla wow player here and yeah i was really looking into assassin