Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Rayla_Felana
02.10.2012 , 02:57 AM | #11
I want to know first of all, when it will be implemented, whether that be in a season, in a month, in a year, I want to know when, a general time frame, anything would be a good sign and very well appreciated by everyone in the LGBT, RP and many in the general community.

What I would love to know as well, is any suggestions for how you are planning to implement this, a lot of people would like to see current companions 'player-sexual', other's would like to see new companions, there are many NPCs like Watcher 2 and other's that people would love to see as a new companion, my Green-written friend above me has detailed all of this in a much better and thorough way then I could.

Thirdly, will we need to create new characters, will we have to wait to see them further a long the story?

There are many questions, and we would like to see the answers to these, all answers are vastly appreciated, the sooner we get these answers, the happier the community will be.

Zethlis
02.10.2012 , 03:47 AM | #12
WHERE IS KHEM VAL ON YOUR LIST? THIS IS PREJUDICE!

Lol jk.

I choose option 3.

Banetek
02.10.2012 , 03:57 AM | #13
I choose option filter it out , so please clairfy wether or not you will give us an option to filter what many consider to be offensive and too political.
My hatred fuels me...
Enoy the music

Ayslinn_Iduviel
02.10.2012 , 04:02 AM | #14
I think that until we spend tons of posts to say what we want and what we don`t want, we`re doing exactly what BW want: keep talking.

At this point all reasonable guesses are made, we should keep asking: WHEN?

Rayla_Felana
02.10.2012 , 04:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Banetek View Post
I choose option filter it out , so please clairfy wether or not you will give us an option to filter what many consider to be offensive and too political.
The toggle should be between, no romance or all romance, designating that there are differences between Sgras and Ogras to a point that one is offensive where as the other isn't is offensive in of itself, the toggle option is already there for every single individual romance, flirt or don't flirt.

There is absolutely no reason to waste time on a toggle option, when a superior one is already implemented.

LadyNightArrow
02.10.2012 , 04:41 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayslinn_Iduviel View Post
I think that until we spend tons of posts to say what we want and what we don`t want, we`re doing exactly what BW want: keep talking.

At this point all reasonable guesses are made, we should keep asking: WHEN?
My guess is they will implement new romance options/companions once they fix what is already bugged/broken in the game. At this point, if they try and implement something on a large scale, and I imagine new companions and their story lines would fall under 'large scale content' (which could mean an expansion pack), the game could possibly break even more. It would be like adding more bricks onto a wall that isn't as stable as it should be, if that makes sense. BW has already stated that they would rather get some things fixed first. It doesn't mean they aren't working on it. After all, they have teams working on certain aspects of the game.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-...ixing-exploits

I know it's getting frustrating that they haven't even given a ballpark ETA and they are posting the same 'canned' response. But, perhaps they are telling us all they can at this moment. Personally, I would rather BW takes their time on this instead of rushing. I know people say that this should have been in at launch and we can only speculate why it wasn't. I also think there is more to the story than they are telling us.

BW is the producer. EA is the publisher. My theory is EA only allowed BW to include certain things at launch for whatever reason. Of course, that is just a theory and I could be wrong.

MusedMoose
02.10.2012 , 07:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaynee View Post
I think that any features that introduce sexuality into this game should be optional, whether they are same or hetero sexual. for couple of reasons.

1) I know that some kids are going to play this game (one of mine does) and I would prefer to handle that part of his education myself (and yes, I do turn off General on his toons).
I agree with this. Some people just don't want to deal with relationships and/or flirting in the game, for various reasons, so an option to disable them completely would be fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shaynee View Post
2) I don't want to see same sex flirt options, just as much as others want to have those options. If this feature were optional (ie having both an 'enable relationships' and 'enable same sex relationships' option in Social) those that want it can use it, those that don't want it don't have to see it.
This I disagree with completely. Having an option to enable only OGRs and disable SGRs smacks of discrimination, as though SGRs somehow might need to be hidden. Not cool. The only way this would be fair would be if there was also an option to disable OGRs and keep only SGRs.

Still hoping we get some news about this today.

Nahlis
02.10.2012 , 07:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
This I disagree with completely. Having an option to enable only OGRs and disable SGRs smacks of discrimination, as though SGRs somehow might need to be hidden. Not cool. The only way this would be fair would be if there was also an option to disable OGRs and keep only SGRs.
I agree with this disagreement! ;-)

Either both SGR and OGR should be always on or they should both be entirely optional. I rather like the OP's idea of choosing your characters orientation at the beginning as well.
...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain

Raiellyn
02.10.2012 , 08:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nahlis View Post
I agree with this disagreement! ;-)

Either both SGR and OGR should be always on or they should both be entirely optional. I rather like the OP's idea of choosing your characters orientation at the beginning as well.
The inherent problem of that being how to determine the orientation of characters already created...

Perhaps it could be like a title-selection on the character page? Obviously it wouldn't display to everyone like that, but a little section beneath that chooses the orientation. That way, if someone changes their mind halfway through a character (which I am notorious for...), they can easily switch it out without having to recreate the entire character.

Nahlis
02.10.2012 , 08:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiellyn View Post
The inherent problem of that being how to determine the orientation of characters already created...

Perhaps it could be like a title-selection on the character page? Obviously it wouldn't display to everyone like that, but a little section beneath that chooses the orientation. That way, if someone changes their mind halfway through a character (which I am notorious for...), they can easily switch it out without having to recreate the entire character.
That would work, but the bigger issue is probably how do you go back and romance previously unavailable companions? Say your level 50 and 10k affection with the companion you want to romance when the SGR option comes in; you've already missed out on all the dialogue.

There has to be some way to 'reset' the dialogue to allow for Flirting or else add a whole new series of dialogue options for all the newly Flirtable companions.
...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain