Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sorcerer or Assassin?

Metaspark
02.09.2012 , 11:39 PM | #1
My friend and I are planning to make alts on a new server, a pvp server, and we plan on going to the empire, with sith characters. chances are I will be making an inquistor, because he does not want to play a class similar to what he already has (a consular)

now, from what I hear a sorcerer is rather op in pvp, and going to a pvp server I'd like to have an advantage. however, I'd like to play an assassin more, 1. because I think it would be more fun, and 2. so I can heal my friend, who will likely be going Juggernaut

which would I be better off choosing? is there enough of a difference between the two so that a sorcerer would have a major advantage over an assassin?

Mikniff
02.09.2012 , 11:43 PM | #2
In the end play what will make you happy, if your really wanting to play a sin then dont make yourself miserable by playing a sorc.

On that note, I love my sorc for pvp. I can easily dominate the dps or healing charts(statis barrier (ftmfw, pop it on everyone for pvp and you'll get alot of thanks + see a differnace in victories) plus for pve i can switch between a dps and healing role as needed for raids.
Listen, we both like to be rewarded if your new, old, returning or even a current player click this link http://www.swtor.com/r/rLsjY4 we both get some cool rewards and if you click this link http://www.swtor.com/info/friends it will explain what we both get! If you click, ill get with you and send some credits your way on Harbinger sever!

GarmonianChaos
02.09.2012 , 11:47 PM | #3
Personally, Go for Assassin if you like the looks. But honestly, Assassin has its perks. Only difference?
Sorcerers can use healing abilities and increased lighting damage.. Good benefits.
Assassin, You can pretty much use a little of both, but a tad stronger in lightsaber fighting.
The thing is though, You choose either one and light armor.. Is kinda the only thing to wear.
Even now, I'm beginning to notice alot more heavy armor for Sith Warrior than.. Light. Least all the good looking armors are heavy armor or medium armor.. out of the bunch, Yet you work your way up there and you do get something good. Example.. A nice little mask and some powerful skills.
STAR Wars Never gets Old

Metaspark
02.09.2012 , 11:48 PM | #4
think I got the classes backwards...the sorcerer heals, the assassin tanks...

anyway, it's not so much that I wouldn't enjoy a sorcerer, I just think I'd prefer an assassin. and I already have a sorcerer on another server...but she's kinda being neglected

jbodzioch
02.10.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
I was going to quit till I rolled a sorcerer now I'm loving it.

Blue-moon
02.10.2012 , 12:07 PM | #6
I think I spoiled things for myself by trying a Sorcerer first - I wish I found most of the other classes as enjoyable - Sorcerer and Vanguard are my two favourites so far.

Niquity
02.10.2012 , 12:09 PM | #7
yeah the sorc heals..... the assassin tanks..... the game sucks ether way.....

xNocturnalx
02.10.2012 , 04:54 PM | #8
i would say go Sorc... many good reason.. u'll own wz. im always 1st or top 3 dps. my avg dps is always 200k at the end.. one of the match i even hit over 500k dps. and im not even full champ geared. im spec Hybrid Madness/lightning 0/13/28

Sorc u will have more option to do raids if u decide not to pvp much.. in Raids most pple will pref range dps or if even pref sorc. and lvling sorc is so much easier and fun with aoe chain light and light storm etc. and u can heal.

Sin is fun to play but alot more tricky, in wz u'll do good in 1v1 when u get the 1st hit on enemy. but we all know wz its always group and zerg.. its hardly 1v1. as a melee dps ur not gona be the best melee dps. for raids pple will pref rang dps.

ya open world pvp u can stealth and run away if ur losing.. but how often u do open world pvp?

i still think over all sorc is much better for multi purposes u can raid and pvp both wth very high dps output.. but at the end its still up to u if u like playing melee dps/tanking and using stealth. or range dps/heal and alot aoe.

Tanglethorn
02.10.2012 , 04:59 PM | #9
go Sorc if you don't mind playing Warzones with mostly other Sorcs. (Its very common to see purple lightning everywhere)

Also, depending on what server you play on, you might hear in chat "LFG, need 1 heal or DPS, No Sorcs plz." Yes it can be so bad that they won't need you because there are already too many Asassins and Sorcs in their group and they don't want to compete on the drops.

Goretzu
02.10.2012 , 05:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blue-moon View Post
I think I spoiled things for myself by trying a Sorcerer first - I wish I found most of the other classes as enjoyable - Sorcerer and Vanguard are my two favourites so far.
Aye the both level very, very easily and are good in PvE and PvP roles.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1