Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

in defense of the prequels

SunwindIon
02.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
. which, ironically, is the exact fate that awaits them under the Empire Palptaine is using them to found.
this is why I feel so bad watching Episode 3, because after order 66 is given the trade federation are the only guys opposing the clone army now, they become the jedis best allies but they just don't know it, and before they can even figure out what's happened Vader kills the leaders and the droid army left helpless to be crushed they were never meant to even be able to win, just used as pawns.. I don't like it, I want a happy ending where the Republic never falls, which is probably why I enjoy SWTOR so much, because it's basically all this happening again, only in the past, and we're in the middle/end of the war right now so it can go either way (and according to lore history I think it does go well for the republic until what happens in Ep3?)

ErikModi
02.10.2012 , 11:32 AM | #22
If you were really expecting a happy ending at the end of RotS, I think you were completely missing the point.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

SunwindIon
02.10.2012 , 11:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
If you were really expecting a happy ending at the end of RotS, I think you were completely missing the point.
it's not about what I was expecting, it's about what I wanted to happen!

Seisaan
02.10.2012 , 11:41 AM | #24
Why are the prequels terrible?

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

If you have a few hours to kill, watch those. It shows why the films are atrocious not only from a fan standpoint, but from a film making one as well.

Midasear
02.10.2012 , 11:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Flowstrodamus View Post
a lot of people get upset about the midi chlorians. if suggest reading the new darth plagueis book. really good and they go into and explain what theyre supposed to be exactly.
The author of Darth Plagueis spends over half the novel pouring concrete and plaster into the giant plot holes and overall murkiness of Episode 1. He makes a heroic effort at trying to fix the story, and almost succeeds.

But the fact that the film sort of requires a couple hundred pages of printed exposition to make sense of its tenebrous and incoherent plot is not exactly a point in the movie's favor...

TheLonelyTusken
02.10.2012 , 12:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Seisaan View Post
Why are the prequels terrible?

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

If you have a few hours to kill, watch those. It shows why the films are atrocious not only from a fan standpoint, but from a film making one as well.
RedLettermedia is completely stupid and is waved around by haters whenever this kind of topic comes up.
Every point made in that review can be mirrored by something equally as stupid in the original series.

Everything he says is just masked by dumb jokes and a obnoxious voice to make his arguments more agreeable.

It's also insanley nitpicky, he even says one of the bad points in TPM is having a child in it.

OPB I agree with what you said about the hipster deal, I think it's just a big bandwagon.

LimpBisquick
02.10.2012 , 12:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
RedLettermedia is completely stupid and is waved around by haters whenever this kind of topic comes up.
Every point made in that review can be mirrored by something equally as stupid in the original series.

Everything he says is just masked by dumb jokes and a obnoxious voice to make his arguments more agreeable.

It's also insanley nitpicky, he even says one of the bad points in TPM is having a child in it.

OPB I agree with what you said about the hipster deal, I think it's just a big bandwagon.
Actually Mike Stoklasa is a film genius, but I agree people post that video here way too much.

Also this topic is a moot point. Nobody is going to convince you otherwise that the sequels suck, and vice versa, so why keep posting about it? Its childish.

Flowstrodamus
02.10.2012 , 12:45 PM | #28
ive watch RedLetterMedia. the big problem is he compares TPM against three films. i only watched part one because it was that annoying. watch all three prequels then describe padme without saying her appearance or profession
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.

Today is a good day for someone else to die.

Boreus
02.10.2012 , 12:56 PM | #29
My personal reason for not liking the prequels is the characters. They are all just boring as hell, and none of them are remotely likeable. There is not a single moment in any of the movies where I sympathized with any of the characters. When Anakin was choking Padme in EP. III I remember thinking "You married a stupid whiny *****, this is what you get." A close second would probably be the lightsaber duels, but I'll let that slide because they almost made up for lack of substance with style, and I'm easily amused by pretty colors.
Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force.

Seisaan
02.10.2012 , 12:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post

Well, child actors are notoriously bad and most films with child actors in them who have a lot of screen time dont do well. And his voice and jokes still dont change the fact most of his point are correct. George Lucas has a brilliant mind, but has no idea how to write or direct a movie. You can even look at his latest film, Red Tails, for more proof.

And, please, point out these mirrored points. I would love to see what you come up with.