Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

XyriusSES's Avatar


XyriusSES
02.09.2012 , 09:38 PM | #11
You savages

Stopsight's Avatar


Stopsight
02.09.2012 , 09:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I hate to tell you this but anyone not stacking haste/alacrity on any caster in any MMO?

Is an idiot. The faster you cast your channel the more procs you get. Dots tick faster.

Oh yeah...heals cast faster as well. Since they are the only hybrid that can offheal worth a damn? Yeah...
lolwut

Rhazesx's Avatar


Rhazesx
02.09.2012 , 09:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I hate to tell you this but anyone not stacking haste/alacrity on any caster in any MMO?

Is an idiot. The faster you cast your channel the more procs you get. Dots tick faster.
Yeah, Alacrity is so awesome with all those instant cast spells we have. I will laugh at your super fast force lightning ticks doing 1/3 the damage of my crit/surge buffed ones. Just FYI Alacrity does not make dots tick faster either.

So if your intention is to kill sorcerers with laughter than by all means stack alacrity in game where its worthless.

Elyree's Avatar


Elyree
02.09.2012 , 09:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I hate to tell you this but anyone not stacking haste/alacrity on any caster in any MMO?

Is an idiot. The faster you cast your channel the more procs you get. Dots tick faster.

Oh yeah...heals cast faster as well. Since they are the only hybrid that can offheal worth a damn? Yeah...

Me thinks you don't understand the mechanics of this game.... Alacrity is the single worst stat for sorc/sages (not counting accuracy since it has zero value to casters in this game).

McVade's Avatar


McVade
02.09.2012 , 09:49 PM | #15
It's a universal nerf to DPS across the boards, in PvE and PvP.

Doubt any class is really going to feel the crunch more than others. Healers will be happy though.
The Official Unofficial Figurehead Of The December Procrastinators.
Fixed for George Lucas
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
"I'm going to keep paying $15 a month for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
02.09.2012 , 09:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhazesx View Post
Yeah, Alacrity is so awesome with all those instant cast spells we have. I will laugh at your super fast force lightning ticks doing 1/3 the damage of my crit/surge buffed ones. Just FYI Alacrity does not make dots tick faster either.

So if your intention is to kill sorcerers with laughter than by all means stack alacrity in game where its worthless.
Yup the ones doing 700k to 900k in warzones stacking alacrity as the hybrid spec are doing it wrong. BTW when you use spellchecker to actually spell the word alacrity right? Might want to take the capital A off. It just makes you look like a bigger tool.

The longer the cast time the more alacrity helps. You pick up a big nuke with a really long cast time in the hybrid spec.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Laoi's Avatar


Laoi
02.09.2012 , 09:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OklahomaSooner View Post
Amusing seeing the Sorcerers and Sages defend their class.

Sorcerers and Sages do too many things too well. Too much utility, damage, and healing wrapped into one yummy burrito.

They'll be nerfed slightly if Bioware knows what they are doing.

If not, well, the game will just decline gradually more. They already showed their ineptitude with the Acid Blade/Flechette Round nerf, why not more?

I love Bioware for Mass Effect, KOTOR, Baldurs Gate, and Dragon Age. Their story crafting, voice acting, and just skill at making RPGs is unmatched.

I do not love them for their skills at balancing games.
bioware has nothing to do with baldurs gate. that was black isle. dont give them credit they dont deserve.

Rhazesx's Avatar


Rhazesx
02.09.2012 , 09:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Yup the ones doing 700k to 900k in warzones stacking alacrity as the hybrid spec are doing it wrong. BTW when you use spellchecker to actually spell the word alacrity right? Might want to take the capital A off. It just makes you look like a bigger tool.

The longer the cast time the more alacrity helps. You pick up a big nuke with a really long cast time in the hybrid spec.
The hybrid spec is for INSTANT cast chain lightning. Alacrity has no effect on instant cast spells.

Choppaman's Avatar


Choppaman
02.09.2012 , 09:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramriel View Post
OP can't handle getting hit by a lighting attack that hits him for 500 per tick. The Q_Q graphics make him cry.

He simply doesnt notice the 5k+ crits other classes do because of their lacklustre animations.
Your lightnings hitting for 500 a tick?

Maybe you should have chosen at advanced class at level 10.

SweetNausea's Avatar


SweetNausea
02.09.2012 , 09:56 PM | #20
Because DoT classes definitely don't rely on crit/surge to do any sort of damage.


Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I hate to tell you this but anyone not stacking haste/alacrity on any caster in any MMO?

Is an idiot. The faster you cast your channel the more procs you get. Dots tick faster.
Oh dear God...