Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

deltaminus
02.12.2012 , 08:51 AM | #161
Surge will nerf everyone's damage. Surge will nerf everyone's healing. So it seems the only one's benefiting are tanks.

zeroburrito
02.12.2012 , 08:54 AM | #162
and it's a small nerf anyways. you will get rid of some surge and replace it with another stat for minimal loss.

surge needs to be removed completely imo. whoever thought of that stat should have been fired.

Aidank
02.12.2012 , 10:04 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Orangerascal View Post
sages/sorcs stack surge like everyone else.

My guess is this: OP lacks fundamental math skills or is extremely biased.
Everyone stacks surge, but the degree to which classes will be effected is extremely different.

Every single class has talents that effect crit damage multipliers, or crit percent, these both make surge a far more attractive stat.

I've already posted how the different classes are effected, and listed their individual talent that make surge a better stat for them.

Hybrid sorcerers are effected the least by a pretty wide margin, the only talent they've got that effects crit is a 10% on force lightning and lightning strike. Compare that to a sentinel's 30% extra multiplier increase on dots, 21% extra crit percent crit on dots, 6% crit on everything else, and 100% crit on dots during zen and it becomes pretty obvious that the surge nerf is going to effect them a whole lot more than sorcerers.

Quote: Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
and it's a small nerf anyways. you will get rid of some surge and replace it with another stat for minimal loss.

surge needs to be removed completely imo. whoever thought of that stat should have been fired.

At 400 surge it's almost a 15% difference in crit multiplier
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

glenbruton
02.12.2012 , 10:28 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
bioware should nerf stupidity
Thats easy. Shut down the forums

fungihoujo
02.12.2012 , 10:36 PM | #165
A stat I rely on to hit harder being nerfed will make my class stronger.

I learn something new everyday. Next week- accuracy nerf makes Marauders miss less!

Soshla
02.12.2012 , 11:00 PM | #166
This really isn't an issue for the PvP forums, it's an issue for the general forums. Itemization in this game sucks. A lot of stats are near useless due to high DR curves, or class/game mechanics: Alacrity, I'm looking at you. Other stats have steep DR curves which are easily met with currently available epics (like Crit).

Surge had the best DR curve and the best point per percentage increase ratio. So it was the best secondary stat to stack for most specs, along with Power.