Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

can i play swtor on multiple computers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
can i play swtor on multiple computers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

joeshook
02.09.2012 , 08:38 PM | #1
so, i have multiple computers, and have swtor on my desktop, but i travel every once in a while. can i put swtor on my laptop (assuming that my laptop has the ability to support it) and be able to play on both? or am i limited to one computer per copy of the game, like most other computer games, because of the purchase code?

evilbeauty
02.09.2012 , 08:42 PM | #2
Might be able to. I don't remember seeing anything about multi-box installs. As long as it is the same account you should have no problem. Be prepared to allways answer security questions though as everytime SWTOR detects it coming from a different MAC address (hardware in your computers ID'S) or different I.P. address it is going to ask them.

joeshook
02.09.2012 , 08:48 PM | #3
cool =] i think i will try it =]

Axolipher
02.10.2012 , 07:57 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings joeshook,

Once you have a Star Wars: The Old Republic account you can log into the game from any computer or location you want. This includes your desktop and your laptop.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

mjstelly
10.02.2012 , 10:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings joeshook,

Once you have a Star Wars: The Old Republic account you can log into the game from any computer or location you want. This includes your desktop and your laptop.

Thank You.
As the saying goes, there are lies, and then there are damn lies. This is the latter for me. I have a paid up-to-date subscription. My "usual" computer (as noted in the FAQ) died quietly in the night. So, I installed and logged in from my laptop. I had no access to my 4 toons on Shadowlands, the system had no record of any of my toons (even though I logged into my account successfully), forced me to create a new character, and then when I tried to use chat, I got a message that I was on a trial account. w t f?

So, Axolipher, speak for yourself. I am not able to log in from anywhere. Get your act together folks. I'm a PAYING customer.

Wityname
10.02.2012 , 10:24 AM | #6
I was able to download and play from a computer 1300 miles away from my home, that had never had SWTOR installed before. Your GUI will be back to default, but you can certainly do it

Stoofa
10.02.2012 , 10:28 AM | #7
I have the game installed at home and work (for those lunchtime sessions) and have no issue at all. Cannot remember the last time I was asked a security question.

mjstelly
10.02.2012 , 11:22 AM | #8
All well and good for those who can log in and play (even from work - u must be Sith ). I'm not proclaiming that it's impossible, just that it's not working for me for some undetermined reason. It's not a catastrophe, just an annoying pain in the butt.

I am logged into the forums. I can access my account information, everything BUT play the game from another pc. Sadly, I don't have a third pc on which to test. So, I'll wait for my replacement parts from Newegg and do something else. It simply makes me cranky that when I have a little free time to play, I can't.

DuranuLithdel
10.02.2012 , 12:00 PM | #9
I have it on a Desktop and laptop, I can access my characters just fine
The Lithdel Legacy
Duranu, Jedi Sage lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant

WarbNull
10.02.2012 , 12:14 PM | #10
Almost sounds like you used a trial copy to install the game.
How did you install the game? Did you use the disk (DVD) or did you use Origin?
I would try installing through Origin as it would already be linked to the right account.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech