Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maelstrom Prison HM - Colonel Daksh bugged ?

Raiders
02.09.2012 , 06:46 PM | #1
Hi,

Just would like to know if something changed on this boss since last week patch.

Yesterday, for the second time in 7 days I tried to do Maelstrom Prison HM and both time it was a wipe festival at Colonel Daksh.

So just to explain you few things, I did complete this entire FP HM many time and killed this boss as many time NM and HM...

The problem is that since last week I couldn't kill him once with 2 groups..all members experienced and with EV armor or FP HM armor pieces (no blue or green).
Tonight in our guild try we had sentinel, commando, healer and JK Tank (me).

We tried to apply the usual tactic and kite the boss around the boxes until his buff goes off...
All was ok when he emote the first time.. it's at the end of the second time that he wiped the group on all tries.
The problem is that you cannot dps him while he has his buff on... but just after his "second emote" he goes "enraged" and 1 hot anybody on sigh.. so wipe.

So ofc the solution is to dps him more... but keep in mind that it's a HM FP.. so people who does it are not necessary geared and they try to complete the FP on purpose... to improve their armor pieces.

What I don't understand if that before I could kill him in pug or with guild friends when we were less geared.. as a tank I was a 14k.. now I'm at 19k, full purple and with 2 great dps class and we cannot kill him ...

Why do I have the feeling that Bioware changed something ?

It may be our fault.. but I just want to know if anyone alse noticed anything ?
Anyone killed him since 7 days without being Tier 2.. this boss shoud be doable with only T1.. for me the "enrage timer" has been decreased so badly that it's now nearly impossible to kill him if you don't have "T2 dps" with you.

Later

PS : I didn't even mention how fast this boss released my aggro even before the "6sec timer" of my main taunt... tank know what I'm talking about...

Raiders
02.10.2012 , 04:29 AM | #2
Bum for the Euro community...

Flain
02.10.2012 , 05:28 AM | #3
When he is "charging his optical implants" have the tank run around the left boxes while the ranged stays to the right. The ranged CAN dps him during this time, but it's imperative that nobody over-aggro's so my suggestion is to use light dps and/or any reduce threat abilities you have. The tank during this time should just be running around the boxes and not attack the boss in any way until his optical implants have run out, then dps as normal. Rinse and repeat to get him down.

wikiwa
02.10.2012 , 07:38 AM | #4
i cleared that boss yesterday after like 6 tries, its imperative that no one dies and that your melee dps are very careful with aggro when he charges his optical implant, still some dps must be done while he is shootin lazers otherwise you hit enrage. As a vanguard tank i just blew all of my ammo while he was charging implant (to get some extra aggro) and did the same after 2nd implant wore off to finish him off before enrage. I guess u just need to blew everything before he charges and after 2nd charge

FobManX
02.10.2012 , 09:59 AM | #5
I just did this boss yesterday. Worked the same way it always has. Key information: if the tank gets zapped, Daksh will switch aggro, or at the least he'll start chasing someone else. We had a couple instances where the tank would get zapped and he'd switch to the other DPS and one shot him. Tank also has to make sure that he is 100% behind LOS. If there is even a teeny bit of room between tank and Daksh, you'll get zapped.

You CAN DPS during the kiting phases, just make sure you don't pull aggro or the tank doesn't get zapped. Honestly I wouldn't bother DPS ing during the first kiting phase. He always enrages after the second kite phase however, and that always comes at the same % HP(25 ish I think), so that's when you should DPS him.

We did have a glitch though where Daksh got stuck inside the boxes once, causing us to wipe as we all lost LOS of him but he could still attack us. Pretty retarded.

Raiders
02.10.2012 , 10:30 AM | #6
The funny thing is that yesterday the first to die was the commando... and he was not doing anything. He was just a bit late to move around the boxes and get killed 1 shot while I was spamming my taunt and AoE agro.

Enrage just after this second "charge" is a bit too much imo.

To the one who killed him, were you all with ubber geared ?

wikiwa
02.10.2012 , 12:06 PM | #7
i had columi 2/5 ( 18k hp ) , one of the dps was really geared didnt checked the other 2

Impiwan
02.10.2012 , 12:17 PM | #8
We did this HM for the first time ever last night. We wiped about 6 times as we had never seen the encounter. Our successful attempt was probably not awesome but here is what we did.

On the first charge, I (Jedi Shadow) got shot and he ran after our JK and killed him, then came back on me. Sage rezzed JK. No one DPS on him during first charge phase. This allowed me to gain huge agro on him for second charge. I got to the outside of the boxes and was doing a little jiggy strafe back and forth as they unloaded on him during the 2nd charge. He stayed dancing with me and didn't switch to the dps.

I agree the enrage is pretty tough. Only our smuggle has won any gear so far. There has been no Jedi love from the loot drop gods.

Eileithia
02.10.2012 , 12:26 PM | #9
Last time I did this (about a week ago). we actually killed him before he finished his second kite phase. Not that well geared. Tank in 3-4 pieces of Columi, DPS in full Tionese with the odd piece of Columi.

Hard Mode and Regular Mode act slightly differently from what we've experienced. In Normal, it's possible to pull him off his target with DPS during the kite phase. On Hard Mode, he will remain locked to his target regardless of how much DPS is put on him.

In Hard Mode: When he's just about to enter his kite phase (Says he's charging), DPS/Heals hide left, Tank hides right. as soon as we're sure he's on the tank, DPS comes out and burns him as hard as possible. He won't switch targets as long as the tank isn't seen. If the tank gets seen at all he'll wipe the party (immediately shoots the tank, then switches to DPS/Heals)

It can only take a second to fail on this fight if the tank is seen, tanks just need to be very mindful of your positioning or he'll immediately switch targets.

Raiders
02.10.2012 , 01:56 PM | #10
thanks for the info all