Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access Lag greater than Beta Lag

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Early Access Lag greater than Beta Lag

BattleFries
12.15.2011 , 02:34 PM | #1
So, I got into Early Access today, and I logged onto a Server reading Light play. Yet when I logged on, my character moved incredibly slowly, and she rarely moved when I wanted her to. I would often try to get her to turn slightly to the left or right, and she would instead turn all the way around. If I tried to get her to turn slightly, she didn't move at all. She often wouldn't even move backwards or forwards.

Also, in the Tomb of Ajunta Pall as a Sith Warrior, I would often kill a gang of k'lor slugs, only to be attacked by an enemy that I could not see, lock onto, or retaliate against.

When I was in the beta during Thanksgiving weekend, I had none of these problems. Even when I had to wait to get into a full server, the game ran far smoother than it is now.

I am still using the client that I downloaded on Thanksgiving weekend. Is that insufficient? Or is there some other problem that I am unaware of?

Many Thanks in advance for any help.

YamchaAntilles
12.15.2011 , 02:38 PM | #2
im having the same issue, its almost too much lag to play, takes forever to move, and walking into walls, and I never had this at Beta, could move around easily

Jedikillar
12.15.2011 , 07:55 PM | #3
I redownloaded the client for the early access and made sure that all my drivers were up to date. I am lagging more too. in beta i only lagged in warzones. Now i lag almost everywhere, except huttball. hutball i dont lag in for some reason. the voidstar i joined late didnt seem to lag either. Alderaan warzone is the worst place ive found yet for lag. I have a 3 bar connection it says.
Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a dagger in your back.
"The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."
―Darth Sidious

optimusnl
12.15.2011 , 07:58 PM | #4
Same here guys. I also played during the beta weekend and during that time it wasnt as laggy as it is now. I dont know how cause im using the same settings as i did in beta low graphics but it doesnt help. And yeah i made sure my drivers were up 2date too.

Callmenads
12.15.2011 , 08:06 PM | #5
I actually am experiencing no lag except for in random areas of the gaming world, which I believe they will eventually address, if not address it during tomorrows maintenance.

The game, overall, is running much better for me then Beta. My FPS have improved by 20-30 FPS, except in those few random areas I mentioned above. However, I have been experiencing random server errors (mainly Error 2003) every few hours, that only require me to rejoin the server.

Overall, I have seen a huge improvement in server stability, and game-play since my time spent in that last three beta phases.

Edit: Typo
. OPOD - Lost, but never forgotten.

SW:TOR Leet

Valgranth
12.15.2011 , 08:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by YamchaAntilles View Post
im having the same issue, its almost too much lag to play, takes forever to move, and walking into walls, and I never had this at Beta, could move around easily
Me too.
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings always darker, emptier, simpler."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Jedikillar
12.16.2011 , 07:41 AM | #7
Other than this lag, every other bug i encountered in beta seems to have been fixed, other than the unload graphics glitch which fixes itself for me after i use another ability or 2
"The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."
―Darth Sidious

orderofsky
12.16.2011 , 07:47 AM | #8
So, I got into Early Access today, and I logged onto a Server reading Light play. Yet when I logged on, my character moved incredibly slowly, and she rarely moved when I wanted her to. I would often try to get her to turn slightly to the left or right, and she would instead turn all the way around. If I tried to get her to turn slightly, she didn't move at all. She often wouldn't even move backwards or forwards.

yeah i got the same problem i was in the stress test and i had a lag there to but it was not that bad as now i hope its gets fixt couse its not playeble like this thow thnx

Rohrnin
12.16.2011 , 07:50 AM | #9
This is so friggin' weird! There has to have been a small hardware update patch of some kind somewhere in those few patches since the last Beta and now.

We have several friends that are back in and playing now with no problems at all so far (knock on wood) and seems to play just as good or better as Beta.

One of our guildies who also had a great Beta experience - no changes to her PC in any way - now gets 2-10 fps no matter what kind of toon / where she starts.

Although it should not make a difference since it was fine in Beta, she even set all settings to bare minimum in the game. Same thing.

Obviously the same pattern in the forums. Some people have no issues - just as good or better performance as Beta. Others are where the OP is or worse.

C'mon already... somebody should at least just respond to all of this. Make a sticky, or just give an update 'hey ok we do have an issue going on and should be fixed after next maintenance' anything would be nice.

laters

Jedikillar
12.16.2011 , 01:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohrnin View Post
This is so friggin' weird! There has to have been a small hardware update patch of some kind somewhere in those few patches since the last Beta and now.

We have several friends that are back in and playing now with no problems at all so far (knock on wood) and seems to play just as good or better as Beta.

One of our guildies who also had a great Beta experience - no changes to her PC in any way - now gets 2-10 fps no matter what kind of toon / where she starts.

Although it should not make a difference since it was fine in Beta, she even set all settings to bare minimum in the game. Same thing.

Obviously the same pattern in the forums. Some people have no issues - just as good or better performance as Beta. Others are where the OP is or worse.

C'mon already... somebody should at least just respond to all of this. Make a sticky, or just give an update 'hey ok we do have an issue going on and should be fixed after next maintenance' anything would be nice.

Edit: Found itDev post is on page 2. Haven't said anything about fixing it or anything, but at least they are looking into it?

laters
They did in another thread, i lost it tho, and im looking for it, will post a link there when i find it
―Darth Sidious