Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey, OT fans, you were "confused".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Hey, OT fans, you were "confused".

RagnarokJC
02.09.2012 , 06:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
What? Listen to them both and you can hear TWO blaster shots. Did I say Han didn't shoot first? NO, you need to get your sight checked all I said was that there was two shots being fired and the only difference is that you only saw Greedo get blown apart, you didn't see the whole scene.
Greedo never shot at all. Lucas is out of touch with reality, and apparently he's not alone.
"Consider it a health timer. Go outside and run until the timer expires, fatty."
- Darthjazzyjeff

Restepor
02.09.2012 , 08:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
Why was something so trivial a big issue in the first place.
Because we all love to hate. I actually never cared for it, it never made a difference to me at all.

Vecke
02.09.2012 , 09:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So I guess before the shooting, Han's character wasn't established? You know as a money grabbing person, a person who looks out only for himself?
It didn't bother me because of the cold-blooded thing. I think Lucas is dead wrong there. Han shooting first wasn't a cold-blooded act. Greedo was sitting at the table, with a gun pointed at him, literally telling him he was about to kill him. Han shooting first didn't establish him as cold-blooded. No matter who shot first, it was still Han defending himself.

What it did establish, however, was that Han was a bad***. In the original, we were watching an old fashioned cowboy shootout.

And Han won that shoot-out.

In the new one, Han actually lost the shootout and only walked out of that cantina alive because Greedo can't shoot someone sitting 2 feet away.

Those few seconds hurt the scene for me because it was 1. incredibly goofy looking, 2. had a character that was such a bad shot, Stormtroopers insult each other by saying, "You're such a Greedo," and 3. Han LOST the shootout; he just killed Greedo because Greedo can't shoot.

It didn't destroy the film for me, but it is definitely one of the only two changes (the other being Vader's "NO") that I think was a mistake to make.

The rest of the changes, I actually liked, more or less.
"I know."

Tippit
02.09.2012 , 11:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
It didn't bother me because of the cold-blooded thing. I think Lucas is dead wrong there. Han shooting first wasn't a cold-blooded act. Greedo was sitting at the table, with a gun pointed at him, literally telling him he was about to kill him. Han shooting first didn't establish him as cold-blooded. No matter who shot first, it was still Han defending himself.

What it did establish, however, was that Han was a bad***. In the original, we were watching an old fashioned cowboy shootout.

And Han won that shoot-out.

In the new one, Han actually lost the shootout and only walked out of that cantina alive because Greedo can't shoot someone sitting 2 feet away.
I agree with you 100%.

ErikModi
02.09.2012 , 11:54 PM | #15
What's really funny, is there's a picture from the filming of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, with George Lucas and Harrison Ford looking at the monitor, and George is wearing a "Han Shot First" T-shirt.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.