What are the best SW books

DeeckTator

I wish I could tell you I liked at least ONE.

I read all kinds of literature, and I can easily say that there are some really, REALLY bad authors who write SW EU stories.

The ones I know to stay away from are Traviss, Allston and Denning. I read the Legacy of the Force series (9 books) and all of them were garbage.

I also read Shadows of the Empire because it got some pretty decent reviews as a tie in between ESB and RotJ. It was not that great either.

I would like to know as well if there are any others that stand out at all.

I personally don't really read many of the post-movie books. Some good pre-movie books are Darth Maul:Shadow hunter, Darth Bane books, and if you do read the thrawn books it wouldn't hurt to read Outbound Flight as Thrawn plays as a "good guy" in that book. There are plenty of others but it really falls into what your taste in books are.

Imo The Thrawn Trilogy could easily made into movies as Episode 7-9. :) But that's just me :)

I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, the Thrawn Trilogy are the best Star Wars books, still I don't think they would do so well as movies. Why? Fist we would have to take different actors by now that we had during the original trilogy, that alone would make the movies bad, but I think the even bigger issue would be that Thrawn works well as the villain in the books, but when people actually see him (and compare him then with Darth Maul or Darth Vader he would look boring against the Sith, because he does nothing fancy). And then with the prequels (regardless how one liked them), the movies developed into a saga about the Skywalker family, but the Thrawn trilogy does tell a story that feels different now from what Lucas did with the movies. So I don't see how this could be easy in any way.