Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Querry for 30 mins, are you kidding me, Bioware?! :-)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Querry for 30 mins, are you kidding me, Bioware?! :-)

Milegon
12.15.2011 , 04:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by papa_pip View Post
Thank god there is a moderate sized thread on this matter! It seriously needs the attention of BW/EA. I made the unfortunate mistake of choosing Tomb Of Freedon Nadd as my server (Europe/English PVP) and now I have a 2hr minimum wait everytime! I have been BEGGING for a server transfer feature but all I get from that is "oh, stop whining and just make a new character". uhhhhh how about no? how about I like my character and don't want to have to start all over again? Please people! Bump this thread and get some attention! Strength in numbers.
Snap, I'm also on Freedon Nadd. It was one of maybe five or so EU English PvP servers at the very start of Early Access, and probably the one with the most memorable name, which is perhaps why a lot of people rolled on it - now kicking myself for falling into that trap.

I think there's probably some kind of multiplier effect whereby even a relatively small preference of one server over others at the start early access means that the numbers rapidly become unwieldy once all their mates and prospective guildies finally get access.

Amellia
12.15.2011 , 04:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by skalik View Post
very simply. Some nice ppl with big brain thinks: We open server wait to full and open new, its so good idea.

But they forgot about little "problem", guild system. My guild start at offcourse new empty server. Now some like 10% ppl from guild playing, all other not.
Looks like for all servers playing, for example, 1000 ppl from guilds + 4 000 random ppl = server full. And next 10 000 guild members with later early access, or without, wait for this stupid full server and cannot open new becouse need join to guild.

Finally servers are always full .

Looks like big empty brains start this stupid idea and now we all can only cry and blame with no any chance to fix this idiotic situation.
agreeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

papa_pip
12.15.2011 , 04:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Milegon View Post
Snap, I'm also on Freedon Nadd. It was one of maybe five or so EU English PvP servers at the very start of Early Access, and probably the one with the most memorable name, which is perhaps why a lot of people rolled on it - now kicking myself for falling into that trap.

I think there's probably some kind of multiplier effect whereby even a relatively small preference of one server over others at the start early access means that the numbers rapidly become unwieldy once all their mates and prospective guildies finally get access.
They need to stop new players joining these already over crowded servers and introduce a server transfer feature similar to Rifts.
It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar.

papa_pip
12.16.2011 , 06:26 AM | #24
Oh great, after server maintenance every single server is either light or standard...except Tomb Of Freedon Nadd which is full! ARRRGGGHHHH I want to change server!!! But I don't want to have to create a whole new character!

Raisat
12.16.2011 , 06:37 AM | #25
You people realize that the main problem for that, specially in ToFN, server who I'm also a member, is because so much players IGNORED the Guild Deployment system???
Anyhow we are actually in EGA, in the firsts steps of, I hope, a long live of the game and obviously there'll be issues with the population of servers as more and more players join the game.
It's perfectly normal to open servers as long as they become crowded. The other hand is having long population servers and dead servers with less than 500 players per faction.
10 to 20 minutes of queue in pick hours (after dinner, b4 raid times...) the 1 to 2 HOURS of ToFN aren't... but again that's an special case. While I was waiting I saw the others servers moving from 10 to 30m of queues at 21:00 (09PM GMT+1 time) and that's not a big deal right now, in a few days it'll although.

Kimarn_Fett
12.16.2011 , 07:17 AM | #26
There are really 2 problems here, one is the long waits (most of us, have tried this before). Swtor failed like all others have in providing the smooth first impression. But we will laugh at this in a short time, when it is fixed.

The second problem is really the worst kind. Swtor did not implement a queue for players DC'ing and then reconnecting. Which means that you will get Kicked from operations/flashpoints if you DC

Try implementing this logic in your Launcher/logon procedure. Please, pretty please with sugar on top

Quote:
SelectQueueForConnectionAttempt( accountId,hardwareId,ProcessId,processUptime,serve rName)
{
-- accountId, the key for an swtor-accountId
-- hardwareId, unique identifier of the machine connecting
-- processId, the processId of the Launcher
-- processUptime, the number of seconds the launcher has been running
-- serverName, the name of the server we are trying to connect to.

getLastConnectionInfo(accountId)

if lastConnInfo.serverName != serverName)
-- we are connecting to a new server, standardqueue
joinServerQueueStandard(accountId);
else
if( lastConnInfo.lastOnline > xHoursAgo)
--this is a new connect, see if its the same launcher
if(lastConnInfo.hardwareId=hardwareId && lastConnInfo.processId=processId && lastConnInfo.processUptime < processUptime)
--it is the same launcher instance, give them a head start to reconnect
joinServerQueueReconnect(accountId);
else
joinServerQueueStandard(accountId);
end if;
else
-- this account has been online within xHoursAgo let them get back in
joinServerQueueImmediate(accountId);
end if;
end if;
}
I really hope I dont have to re-experience a wait of 1 hours in queue, to have your server reject my connection and then wait another 2 hours before getting in.

therealjedi
12.16.2011 , 07:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitek View Post
I dont care if Im 400 or 4000. I just wnt to play immediatly. WHy i should listen that they will add servers. I dont give a ****. The servers should be there already.
your fail kid.. they don't owe you jack.. when you understand that there will be less anger

NiSpawn
12.16.2011 , 07:22 AM | #28
BW I'm not impressed

papa_pip
12.16.2011 , 07:24 AM | #29
nooooo, now, even during the middle of the day, where I would normally be able to just join straight away, I am presented with an hour long wait. Its all well and good adding more servers now, but what about the ones that are already over crowded? It doesn't fix the problem. Im this close to just giving up and starting a new character, but I reeeeeally don't want to have to do that.

papa_pip
12.17.2011 , 10:57 AM | #30
We have been told to move the discussion to this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=38633&page=11 by a BW member of staff. Please bump!!!!!!!!!!!!