Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Querry for 30 mins, are you kidding me, Bioware?! :-)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Querry for 30 mins, are you kidding me, Bioware?! :-)

Diechter
12.15.2011 , 03:02 PM | #11
shouldnŽt this be some kind of coordinated server population with all the early invite waves and stuff? its kinda sad that on the first day youŽll have to wait an hour to be able to log onto your server.

frostern
12.15.2011 , 03:11 PM | #12
I select the server me and the guild I'm in have been assigned....and its 1700+ in queue
now after more than 1 hour in que there is still 888 ppl in front of me.
Any chance you can make the logins happen a bit faster Bioware? I usually have like about 2 hours gaming time on weekdays, when I use most or all of it in que there isn't much point?
-=Byte me=-

Milegon
12.15.2011 , 03:23 PM | #13
Don't usually post, bit of a lurker - but I'm also stuck in a 1600+ queue at the moment (EU). I understand the need to ensure that all servers fill up to a healthy population size - which is why I'm hoping that the pop cap on servers (i.e. before the queues start) is currently set artificially low at the moment to make sure people spread out a bit. But given the unreasonable queues people now seem to be experiencing, it would be good if BW (we hope you're listening) could raise the caps a bit and at least make it possible for those already on the servers to play - I already have a level 20 toon as do my friends and I'm not really minded to start a new one just so I can play for the next few hours.

Ernom
12.15.2011 , 03:28 PM | #14
This is my 2nd 1.5 hours line for the login.....
Honestly the worse part is that my modem rebooted in midle of a heroic+4 quest and as soon I've got connection back I logged in.....just to wait 1.5 hour of 1600 ppl to get online.
If someone told me this gonna be better I wouldnt bother tbh.
But with the launch more ppl gonna come and probably more servers gonna get over populated, so honestly I dont even dare to reroll on a low pop server cause I might have the same issue I have right now in about a week.......
Official comment would be good if/when something gonna be done about the wait time or not.

Thanks for a good game and for a ......... start.

Tindra
12.15.2011 , 03:32 PM | #15
Bioware you better fix the queuing problems. I dont care how you fix it. If I have 2 hours to play on a Tuesday I want to use them playing not sitting in a que for 2 hours and then get some stupid error message about "connection lost".

You might get away with it now during early access but once I become a paying customer I expect to use the product without any queuing.

I don't understand how you can have this kind of queuing issues after all the preparations. And if you can't even handle early-access without queuing we all know what will happen next week.

loldotcom
12.15.2011 , 03:35 PM | #16
I'm sure they think queues that last this long are acceptable.

We definitely need more posts about it.

Milegon
12.15.2011 , 03:39 PM | #17
Here's hoping that the maintenance tomorrow morning involves raising server caps.

papa_pip
12.15.2011 , 03:40 PM | #18
Thank god there is a moderate sized thread on this matter! It seriously needs the attention of BW/EA. I made the unfortunate mistake of choosing Tomb Of Freedon Nadd as my server (Europe/English PVP) and now I have a 2hr minimum wait everytime! I have been BEGGING for a server transfer feature but all I get from that is "oh, stop whining and just make a new character". uhhhhh how about no? how about I like my character and don't want to have to start all over again? Please people! Bump this thread and get some attention! Strength in numbers.
It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar.

Tindra
12.15.2011 , 03:44 PM | #19
Oh and don't get me started on the ******** loading time. Why does it take 10 minutes to start the game just to hit a "your in a queue for 4 hours" screen?

Sometime I don't even know if the game crashed or what happened.

papa_pip
12.15.2011 , 03:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tindra View Post
Oh and don't get me started on the ******** loading time. Why does it take 10 minutes to start the game just to hit a "your in a queue for 4 hours" screen?

Sometime I don't even know if the game crashed or what happened.
Whilst im in a queue (aka all the freakin time!) my game client crashing every 2-3mins then carries on again. Annoying to say the least.
It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar.